Exclude from Alpha

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Steel

Exclude from Alpha

Post by Steel »

Hi.

Is there any possibility in kray to exclude a object/surface to be rendered within the alpha channel?
I have a object on a stage. The stage should be included in ray calculation but not be included
within the alpha. And i also don´t want to render against the backdrop by checking unseen by camera.

I have tried using Surface Alpha Constant Value and the the render properties of the stage object
by using Alpha Channel Constant Black.

If not possible this is one of my favorite feature for next version :wink:
Greetings
jure

Re: Exclude from Alpha

Post by jure »

Steel wrote:Hi.

Is there any possibility in kray to exclude a object/surface to be rendered within the alpha channel?
I have a object on a stage. The stage should be included in ray calculation but not be included
within the alpha. And i also don´t want to render against the backdrop by checking unseen by camera.

I have tried using Surface Alpha Constant Value and the the render properties of the stage object
by using Alpha Channel Constant Black.

If not possible this is one of my favorite feature for next version :wink:
Greetings
Not possible currently, sorry. Will put it on feature request.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

The work around for this is use lw native to do the buffers. Then bring it to compositing software and do exclusions and masking there and rerender. Its tedious to do this and I hope kray will be more composite friendly in the future.
Steel

Post by Steel »

But the problem with native renderer is that i have some kray instances which will not be included into alpha output.
For a good/effective renderer i think its necessary to have this flexibility to get the important stuff with only one render action.

Nevertheless i really like kray 8)