Kray seems harder to set up then before.

General disscusion about Kray
intuition

Kray seems harder to set up then before.

Post by intuition »

Hey guys, I used to be able to make one luminous poly and a few objects. Then I would turn off the lights and be able to light with the luminous poly using photon mapping.

Now it seems I can not get this luminous polygon to light anything. I have set it up to be really really bright %150,000 and I barely start seeing anything lit but then its very very noisy.

Now I am finding I have to add a modifier and a shader to get Kray to light this way?

I preferred the old method of just having luminous polygons light up something.

I dont want to go add modifiers and shaders to every object in my scene. Is there any way that Kray can set a default for luminous polygons so that they have a general value with luminous % without adding a shader or modifier?
intuition

Re: Kray seems harder to set up then before.

Post by intuition »

Hmm I have "visible on" with area lights and they aren't showing up. I think I have a compatibility issue or something.

Using 9.5.1 build 1473 kray 1.7 OB8.
intuition

Post by intuition »

Here is the scene file. It seems I can only use luminous polygons now if I use indirect lighting. This is strange because it did not require it before and automatic does not find it.

It says 1 active lumi light with automatic yet you only see a luminous surface with no light being cast in the scene at render time. You only see the luminous polygon and the reflection.

I used to be able to set up a luminous polygon and turn everything else off then use photon mapping on the preset "high" and would get really nice lighting with lumi polys. Can I get back to that version?

The reason is that its easier to setup and light scene this way in production. I dont want to convince anyone here that they need special shaders. If at all possible, I'd like there to be a way in which luminous surfaces were calculated in the photon mapping the way it used to be.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=98b7 ... b9a8902bda
Haven1000

Post by Haven1000 »

Hi Intuition,

At the moment Kray requires to be compiled separately to be compatible with LW9.5.1, so I'm not surprised your getting unpredictable results. I'd stick to the GM 9.5.0 until kray OB9 is out.
Last edited by Haven1000 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Place your vote now for the Kraydar pixel filter"
intuition

Post by intuition »

Ah ok, thanks for that.

:)