New features

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

New features

Post by Janusz Biela »

New experimental futures:
- new tonemap (reinhard blending)
- phisical light from Kray (silimar to sunsky from LW but much better idea: real colors without tweak, full auto colors sun ,auto shadows smooth, aut sun strong, better quality GI)

Renders without lights from LW (only IES).
Attachments
Interior_bed.jpg
Interior00180.jpg
InteriorA20.jpg
old_roomA.jpg
old_roomB.jpg
jdomingo_forum

Re: New features

Post by jdomingo_forum »

great render as usual......if i may ask, is this new feature will be on the version 2 that will be out soon? thanks
joreldraw

Post by joreldraw »

Phisicall light animatable to make a full day light animation?
jure

Post by jure »

Good renders. I think you could add some PS curves to make better contrast...
- Jure
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:great render as usual......if i may ask, is this new feature will be on the version 2 that will be out soon? thanks
Only as experimental - without GUI.
- Jure
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

Awesome work again johny! But - in the first image, the grilles in the wall are distorted with noise/poor AA.

I have had this sort of thing before, and it doesn't look like moire patterns. How do you fix this? Spatial tolerance/angular tolerance/FG rays?
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Seems to me that this "noise" or "moire" effect is more likely crappy GI, splotches in small detail like the ventilation "bars"... If that's what you ment?

Grid 4 FSAA should get rid of 99% of moire effects... Grid 4 catmull with FSAA is good for website resolution graphics I think...
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

This is exactly what I mean, but I don't think Johny would use 'bad' AA settings and actually the AA looks okay to me. I'm sure it's not moire patterns either because the splotches are irregular and don't follow a pattern.

It just looks like there aren't as many samples in that area. As a render it still looks great, it just looks like the cleaners haven't dusted properly! Johny's renders are normally so perfect and crisp that I know he can't have intended this :)

There is actually nothing strictly wrong with the render, in fact it's a lovely image - but I did wonder how he might change the settings to eliminate this though.
jure

Post by jure »

bigstick wrote:As a render it still looks great, it just looks like the cleaners haven't dusted properly!
:D It adds to realism though, doesn't it? ;)
- Jure
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

Undoubtedly! But it still doesn't help those of us who want to eliminate this sort of thing ;)
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

nice new features! so this means that this physical sky does incorporate a sun? no need for any scene light, as far as i understood? can we please have it track a directional scene light for easier setup?

cheers

markus
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

perfect! as always