Restaurant (interior)

Please post finished works here.
nico

Re: Restaurant (interior)

Post by nico »

great work pixeldust...
the red lamps are'nt good for my personal impression, but the lighting is very very good.
this scene is better of initial work!!!
what's lighting system you have used?
fulvio

Post by fulvio »

_mats_ wrote:wow, looks great !

Huge improvement over the original lighting you had.

Congrats !

Matt -

Thanks !! :)
fulvio

Post by fulvio »

nico wrote:great work pixeldust...
the red lamps are'nt good for my personal impression, but the lighting is very very good.
this scene is better of initial work!!!
what's lighting system you have used?
In this renderings there are sunspot for the sun, skylight for the environment and area lights outside the windows ....
khan973_forum

Post by khan973_forum »

Really good stuff! i just think you rmirors ar too reflective, they look like windows.
Maybe you can tint a little bit, ad little scratches and lower reflectivity.
fulvio

Post by fulvio »

khan973 wrote:Really good stuff! i just think you rmirors ar too reflective, they look like windows.
Maybe you can tint a little bit, ad little scratches and lower reflectivity.
Yes ... I can try this suggest ... now my mirror are 100% reflection and 0% diffuse ....
Thanks
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I thing Your render need "Power" : better colours, better lights, better contrast (now look as raytracing from native LW render or Fprime....)

try:
Area lights in windows with Power Shader 6-8 (colour blue/gray NOT STRONG BLUE! MAXIMUM midle position of colour table - not Over this)
Same Sun: beige/gray colour (no yellow !) with POWER Shader 3-6
POWER in Kray maximum 0.5 - 0.7 with minimum 20 bounce (on floor please put desaturate shader 50%)

Fix: glass, floor (too strong blurr and reflection), change lamps, too reflection cloath table, put wood on chair (now looks plastic) windows looks pure (better model need), put curtains,
change ceramic material (now looks flat, plastic - need incidental angle reflection), put flowers, it is too many lamps on ceiling (put better model too)
nico

Post by nico »

Johny_quick wrote: (colour blue/gray NOT STRONG BLUE! MAXIMUM midle position of colour table - not Over this)

beige/gray colour (no yellow !) with POWER Shader 3-6
POWER in Kray maximum 0.5 - 0.7 with minimum 20 bounce
:shock:
i think we have need a scene to see this lighting system. :oops:
i love the white light but blu, gray, beige...I do not understand more nothing. :cry:
fulvio

Post by fulvio »

Johny_quick wrote:I thing Your render need "Power" : better colours, better lights, better contrast (now look as raytracing from native LW render or Fprime....)

try:
Area lights in windows with Power Shader 6-8 (colour blue/gray NOT STRONG BLUE! MAXIMUM midle position of colour table - not Over this)
Same Sun: beige/gray colour (no yellow !) with POWER Shader 3-6
POWER in Kray maximum 0.5 - 0.7 with minimum 20 bounce (on floor please put desaturate shader 50%)

Fix: glass, floor (too strong blurr and reflection), change lamps, too reflection cloath table, put wood on chair (now looks plastic) windows looks pure (better model need), put curtains,
change ceramic material (now looks flat, plastic - need incidental angle reflection), put flowers, it is too many lamps on ceiling (put better model too)
Well I try to change some settings and surface ...
Area light was white because like in your previous suggest I've tried blue and my scene chanced color ... i try low blu/gray .... power was to 5, now I try 7 ...
Sun was very little bit of yellow (253,252,242) and power to 10 ... I try your other settings and color ...
For the kray power was 0.5 and I try 0.7 and I've ray recursion limit to 24.

In the cloth table there's no reflection, only a diffuse texture and 3% spec and 20%glossy but I know this is very bad surface ....
The lamp was like manufactured and like you said there are a lot in place ... this is an error.
The chairs are painted and you can't see the wood's veins, I try to tweak the setting's material.
The look of this restaurant is not like in the rendering, this is very semplified version ... I'm using this scene only to better understand kray and scene setup ...
Thanks again ... :)
joreldraw

Post by joreldraw »

Very nice ilumination!!! and very pretty image
Congratulation

For me, only minor changes to do.

1.- Your background image are little, you need to increase or repeat, check on front mirrors...reflection is blue!! no bg reflection,only sunsky there.
2.- glass are dirty, white on backside. Try dielectric node, or reduce absortion.

I see Everything else perfect ;)
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

very nice work.
maybe the windows glass needs reflection
fulvio

Post by fulvio »

I've not finished this render test, I need to model some other objects but for now I stopped because I've no time for this test.
... but thanks for your advice, I think are good suggest.
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Indeed much improvement compared to your first images. What strikes me now is you wineglases that looks like frosted/plastics. I suspect you have used specularity or Diffuse at high values but glas have almost no diffuse at all. Make sure it's off. Keep us updated of how it goes.