New Exterior

Please post finished works here.
talats

New Exterior

Post by talats »

Hi guys, this is a new render a building.
Physical Sky and Sun (turbidity 2.5, exposure 3, 2nd of june 2009, time 3 pm)
QLWF (gamma 2.2, affect texture, light and backdrop)
Tone Map Blending (belnding 30% gamma 1.8, exponential 2.2)

waiting for any advise

Roberto
Attachments
test08.jpg
talats

Re: New Exterior

Post by talats »

A little update.
Reduced reflection amount (and then added diffuse), reduced bump on the walls. Added a car and rendered in mitchell FSAA.
rendering time around 34 min on a Q9650 with 8 GB of ram.

still waiting for some advice

Roberto
Attachments
test09.jpg
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Texture needs a lot of work. It looks too cartoonish.
Your camera should be more realistic (height...)
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

at the end of the day, if you are happy with it or if you are payed to do this and the client is happy with it too then it's alright.
if i am going to work on this project maybe:
1. i will use image material as texture and minimize procedural
2. work on the texturing first
3. give a dramatic view, try play with the camera
4. a good focal point or point of interest on the subject, by arranging your entourages you can achieve this
5. yup, sometime entourages will tell what type of structure or what subject you are selling
i am guessing your project is a motel by the beach by looking at your ambience and the palm trees
it's a good start keep it on.
talats

Post by talats »

jdomingo wrote:at the end of the day, if you are happy with it or if you are payed to do this and the client is happy with it too then it's alright.
if i am going to work on this project maybe:
1. i will use image material as texture and minimize procedural
2. work on the texturing first
3. give a dramatic view, try play with the camera
4. a good focal point or point of interest on the subject, by arranging your entourages you can achieve this
5. yup, sometime entourages will tell what type of structure or what subject you are selling
i am guessing your project is a motel by the beach by looking at your ambience and the palm trees
it's a good start keep it on.
1. Almost all textures are images (from arroway and dosch)
2. Yeah, I know, unfortunately are month that I am spending my time in finding a good surface setup for Kray. Unfortunatly, still today there is not a tutorial for a good surface setup for Kray, especially about the reflection gradient and relative blurring. I know that LW native rendering engine is approximative then Kray but, for example, in LW you give a specularity value and there you have some light hotspot. Kray in a much better and wonder rendering engine, but, I guess, we need tutorials also about the surfacing. Vray users have a lot of tutorial to obtain good renderings. I know Kray is the best, but according to me users need more support or this wonderfull rendering egine will not have too success.
3. I did it in the last rendering my machine is calculating right now. I will post it later.
4. I would mean use DOF, but in Kray this is heavy to compute, and, anyway, I guess in this kind of scene the architect want to have everything in focus.
5. This is not a motel, but a residential building. Here in my city (a little city on the sea near Rome) a lot of residential building have palms everywhere and this is what Architect often ask for.

Roberto
talats

Post by talats »

A new render with a different point of view.
I have changed something in texturing (asphalt, wall, palms and other things.) and used an image for the backdrop instead phsysical sky.
Physical sun to light the scene

let me know

Roberto
Attachments
test15.jpg
talats

Post by talats »

Another one. I've changed something.
Attachments
test17_b.jpg
Steel

Post by Steel »

Hi. I think u still need to work on your asphalt and sidewalk surface.
In my opinion it still looks way to much grunge and dirty like.
One important improvement would be to add some picture for more interesting
reflections in the windows.

Greetings