Keraressi Abdelkarim

Re: Bugatti Veyron

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Nice work janusz .
Pheid

Post by Pheid »

Hi!

When renders are of this quality, you start to notice some other things, like the repeating 2 different cement blocks behind the car (only 2 different patterns of texture that repeat) - ;)

No, awesome stuff really, though I hate the car design - looks like a freakin' wacuum cleaner. :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Actually You are right! I concentrate with car surfaces too strong that I forgot/miss change it. Solution should be easy for that: Word Coordinates or ID number Node in Instance Nodes (these block are instance clones). Thank You for advice!
Joearchi

Post by Joearchi »

Stunning work! Can't wait for an official release of Kray 3.0, even I know that it is - by far - not only the renderer that makes the pictures look good.

One question though: I've noticed nice depth of field blurring and chromatic abberation: Are they render native or are they made in After Effects? Both effects are pretty useful to "make believe" and I'm quite curious about time processing impact, if it's made with Kray 3.0
universalpenman

Post by universalpenman »

Hi Januz how long it took your render? I'm trying to compare how fast is with my render wich took around 40 min, I'm very interested in Kray 3.0 but I wonder how fast is compared against Maxwell Arion and Modo this is my modo test no post, been working on this thing for a while trow me some number Januz pls :P
Attachments
rear angle HR 6.JPG
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Joearchi wrote:Stunning work! Can't wait for an official release of Kray 3.0, even I know that it is - by far - not only the renderer that makes the pictures look good.

One question though: I've noticed nice depth of field blurring and chromatic abberation: Are they render native or are they made in After Effects? Both effects are pretty useful to "make believe" and I'm quite curious about time processing impact, if it's made with Kray 3.0
After release K3.0 and my tutorials You will do it by a couple mouse clicks.
About render effects: this also will be in tutorial also after release new Kray but the most important think is to receive clean pure render (best AA,best blur, Hi resolution, not to big contrast and of course good time ) Is not target to receive final good render from render engine - this is impossible. The key is in post process which I do in AE. Here I show direct render from Kray without any post process.
Attachments
Bugatti_Silver_cam0400000.png
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

universalpenman wrote:Hi Januz how long it took your render? I'm trying to compare how fast is with my render wich took around 40 min, I'm very interested in Kray 3.0 but I wonder how fast is compared against Maxwell Arion and Modo this is my modo test no post, been working on this thing for a while trow me some number Januz pls :P

Time render 20-60 min with High Quality Path Tracing.
The speed of Path Tracing in Kray is almost the same as Maxwell (is really hard to compare because Maxwell has a bit different engine and more complicated surfaces)
Of course in Final Gathering mode is nothing to compare :)
I remind : the more open scene then faster Path Tracing is working (also bounce light recurse is important). So for open area with car can be under 10 min even (a lot of photons just go to "space" after first bounce and they are not calculating or they just "die" after 2-3 bounce lights...).
If Your render is from Moodo then You used probably Final Gathering (or HQ QMC) then time for me looks ok (also I do not know about Your CPU)

Generally last time I start to like to use Path Tracing (only for open areas) - is very fast, perfect accurate, no problems with artifacts.
universalpenman

Janusz Biela wrote:
universalpenman wrote:Hi Januz how long it took your render? I'm trying to compare how fast is with my render wich took around 40 min, I'm very interested in Kray 3.0 but I wonder how fast is compared against Maxwell Arion and Modo this is my modo test no post, been working on this thing for a while trow me some number Januz pls :P

Time render 20-60 min with High Quality Path Tracing.
The speed of Path Tracing in Kray is almost the same as Maxwell (is really hard to compare because Maxwell has a bit different engine and more complicated surfaces)
Of course in Final Gathering mode is nothing to compare :)
I remind : the more open scene then faster Path Tracing is working (also bounce light recurse is important). So for open area with car can be under 10 min even (a lot of photons just go to "space" after first bounce and they are not calculating or they just "die" after 2-3 bounce lights...).
If Your render is from Moodo then You used probably Final Gathering (or HQ QMC) then time for me looks ok (also I do not know about Your CPU)

Generally last time I start to like to use Path Tracing (only for open areas) - is very fast, perfect accurate, no problems with artifacts.

Ohh being honest with you I dont know much about Rendering with Maxwell just know about what I have seen in them gallery, and my CPu is i7 Extreme 980 (hexacore), and at the moment I'm rendering with modo because is all what I have, hope to see pretty soon mor info concerning Kray3, and hopefully they release a PLE, cuz thats another thing, I bought Maxwell few weeks ago Personal Learning Edition I'm a Hobbyist and not earning any money yet with my software :(
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Minimum for Maxwell render in my opinion is Dual Xeon (32 threats total) ...under this forget to use Maxwell render. Maxwell is very good software but speed which offer is under respect :(.
I like Final Gathering because is incredible fast (I can check my ideas hundreds time faster then Maxwell for example) and imperfections of it I try catch by good post process.
universalpenman

Maan thats bad :( I'm gonna have to wait for Kray then, I'll give it a shot just to try it, anyway time is on my side :P, thanks for the info Januz, hope to see more of your work :)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

universalpenman wrote:Maan thats bad :( I'm gonna have to wait for Kray then, I'll give it a shot just to try it, anyway time is on my side :P, thanks for the info Januz, hope to see more of your work :)
btw last raw render was done by Pure Path Tracing...so zero setup in Kray - just press button render. The same way as in Maxwell but I think a bit faster (read topics above why)....so is not that bad :wink: