Error in Master Plugins

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
3D-Reality

Error in Master Plugins

Post by 3D-Reality »

Hi.

Iam using the 64bit Version of Kray 2.0 RC5 and now i alway get errors when i try to open the Interface of
the scripts. I have already removed the scipts and put them back again.
What can i try to fix the problem?

Thx :D
Attachments
kray_error.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Error in Master Plugins

Post by Janusz Biela »

3D-Reality wrote:Hi.

Iam using the 64bit Version of Kray 2.0 RC5 and now i alway get errors when i try to open the Interface of
the scripts. I have already removed the scipts and put them back again.
What can i try to fix the problem?

Thx :D

Problem from LW. :(
This is only in one scene? What happened when You try on empty scene (just after start layout) ?
3D-Reality

Post by 3D-Reality »

It´s very strange.

Iam not able to find out a regularity for the error. Empty Scene ...and a completely other scene works fine.
After "import Items from scene" into a working scene first time it works but after choice of another kray
muster plugin it crashes again.
I have also tried the same scene to open with 32bit kray. The Interface works fine but the render crashes because of
high polycount.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

3D-Reality wrote:It´s very strange.

Iam not able to find out a regularity for the error. Empty Scene ...and a completely other scene works fine.
After "import Items from scene" into a working scene first time it works but after choice of another kray
muster plugin it crashes again.
I have also tried the same scene to open with 32bit kray. The Interface works fine but the render crashes because of
high polycount.

OK I know problem:
Problem is from Lightwave from big scenes (I have exacly the same problems in huge scenes)
1/ If You have many layers You have to change it to less (maximum is 5-10 layers in Modeler with that problem and no big poly obiects) so save some layers as seperate object (for example house and terrain seperatly, if terrain is big : save ot as two obiects).
2/If You have opened many Kray plugins don`t close it (don`t open/close Kray.p many times in one scenes)
3/sometimes problem is from wrong instance (check setup instance, maybe You delete cloned obieject but still You have instance setup for this)
3D-Reality

Post by 3D-Reality »

Thx for the tips.
Hmm... for a test i have deleted all the objects in the scene. Only light and one cam is in it. I remove the plugins...put them back again. the error is still there. If i do clear scene and add kray master plugin it works.
Why does lw/kray treat this two situations different?
jure

Post by jure »

3D-Reality wrote:Thx for the tips.
Hmm... for a test i have deleted all the objects in the scene. Only light and one cam is in it. I remove the plugins...put them back again. the error is still there. If i do clear scene and add kray master plugin it works.
Why does lw/kray treat this two situations different?
Like Johny said this is LightWave Lscript bug that happen when you have big scene with lots of objects and lots of plugins. Unfortunately we are still waiting for Newtek to fix this. Untill then all you can do is try to reduce number of object in scene. This bug appears more often on 64 than on 32 bit and it won't go away until Layout is restarted.
- Jure