Kray 2 DUAL XEON 72 threads.

Please post finished works here.
artattak

Kray 2 DUAL XEON 72 threads.

Post by artattak »

Test new computer.
Dual XEON 72 threads. Cinebanch 4770 points.
High settings Kray QMC 1000 pass sampling FSAA G 3, scene homemade.
The new update Kray 2 copes well with the use of all 72 threads.
17 minutes of 2600x1733 pixels. :-) Sensational time is not available in other engines.

ps. Thanks J. Biela for help with technical problems with the computer's settings.
Attachments
postprocess.jpg
quick preview GI
quick preview GI
render
render
djwaterman

Re: Kray 2 DUAL XEON 72 threads.

Post by djwaterman »

What lovely renders.
promity

Post by promity »

Great render. Can you share your scene setup (only Kray settings and light info)?
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

promity wrote:Great render. Can you share your scene setup (only Kray settings and light info)?
hey plz can u read poste ? he said QMC 1000 .

and about light what is the think u see it difficult in kray ? guys kray very easy to make any renders why u guys want to see lights ex... ?

open lightwave . lunch kray . add tonemaping + klwf + physky . try 1.4-1 . 6 - 1 30/100 bleding too get more contrast . klwf 1.4 - 1

if u want use physky (now i use only physky u can see my render in white kitchen) . or u can use hdri as janusz said he is right he said hdri not good cause give hot photon ex.. . so as janusz has too much experience in kray he know everything inside kray :D ^^ .

and tahts it make ur surfaces and shot renders izi . u dont need to put light out side window ex... unless u want to see some shadow from area light u can use on area light or mutiple . 1 u will see one shadow come from area light . 3 or 4 area lights u will get 4 shadow . more shadow more time Up on render thats it. if u still has problem poste ur scn we will make it setting for u

and one thing put in footer cmd : recurse 20 as i did . to get nice glass and more bounce .

thank u . u can do any scn with kray : from vray , corona , maxwell ex... all scn u can do it with kray 2. for me the problem i have with kray : just 2 problem : no shaders . and glass ex.. weak still weak not as vray ex.. cause we dont have shaders and lw shaders didnt supported in kray 2.62 . in this k3 i think kray will be izi as never before. kray 2 very easy .and kray 3 will be like for child can do stuning render . just keep training all days and u will be fine

and plz and plz forget lumi panel on ceiling it kill photorealsitic render . ifu want to get strong realsitic relfection use lumi panel on windows and makethem hide from camera and uncheck cast shadow and self shadow ex.. . u can control ur reflection with luminisoty . me personally i dont use unseen by rays cast and make poly lumi unseen by rays and unseen by camera i dont use this it didnt help really. thank u mybe for kray 1.7 .

. have a nice day .
Attachments
this is just as i told u  setting and physky no area light nothing  juyst dome light + photonmultiplier =3.  this is my new interior wip .
this is just as i told u setting and physky no area light nothing juyst dome light + photonmultiplier =3. this is my new interior wip .
promity

Post by promity »

I just asked a question - and not to you. Ok? What crime in my question? I'm not so advanced Kray user like you or other's. So for me many thing;s not so obvious are they obvious to you. Here's what - the club for the most advanced people of the planet?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

promity wrote:Great render. Can you share your scene setup (only Kray settings and light info)?
It seems QMC works very fast in last update k2.62.
From testing we notice that QMC (of course is much slower then Final Gathering) is very profitable to use now. I have to talk with G. when he will back because it seams appeared bug in CPU when FG is calculated on hardware with Dual CPU....

For those who wants check QMC in Kray here config:
kray_settings_QMC.KGcfg
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

Only 3 parameters works in this case:

General Tab: select Uncache (QMC mode)
Finall Gathering Tab: works only Min/Max Rays: 500/0
...if you want less noise put 1000/0.
If you want fast preview: 100/0

Path Passes must be turned on always, in this case 1/50% (optimum setting). This is necessary because Kray shoot extra Path Tracing photons into corners to make more accuracy in Photon Map. It make slower render but you will not get "light leaks". One bounce is enough for this because these PT photons mix with FG photons. Increasing amount of bounce light for this parameter gives nothing except longer time.

This is almost same setting like Corona or similar renders except that the base for calculating GI samples is Photon Mapping.

This will be destination system render in K3 in Photonmap mode for KrayVPR (let see what new FG will bring...maybe G. will write really brilliant Final Gathering)
The quality by this setting above is almost ultimate. Is really very difficult find differences between QMC system and Path Tracing.
Time render of course 10-20 times faster then pure Path Tracing.

Only two things are missing: real time tone mapping with white balance+other post processing and shaders....
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

promity wrote:I just asked a question - and not to you. Ok? What crime in my question? I'm not so advanced Kray user like you or other's. So for me many thing;s not so obvious are they obvious to you. Here's what - the club for the most advanced people of the planet?

sry i didnt mean to say something bad dont take it like i have something bad with u . it just when iread forum all time many ppl ask how and why to do ex.... and i think any one if read kray forum he has everything to do stuning render with kray. im bad in english dont take it in bad side thank y. :mrgreen:

:oops: :roll:
ideart

Post by ideart »

Nice Cinebench score and nice render.
Hopefully I will manage to upgrade my machines this year so could you please share some information about your new workstation?
sotto3d.com