Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Quick test
Attachments
Test
Test
artattak

Re: quick test

Post by artattak »

As for fast work it is ok. Refine the project and will be great.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi! Looks good, but dial down the chromatic aberration: at the moment it looks as if you are using a totally crap camera. I understand the need to add some noise to make renders look more like a photograph, but with the state of digital cameras in 2015 you will NEVER see an interior shot with that much color fringe, and it screams "digital post" to me.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

thnx guys. i agree with both of u. i need re work on it if i had a enough time.
thomas

Post by thomas »

The chromatic aberration is probably in Photoshop, right? I think you can do a lot to the image by just removing the color fringe, and using levels in Photoshop to add some colour grading. Do you already use the Levels tool on the separate R, G and B channels? It's the first thing I do with my renders to improve the look!
Keraressi Abdelkarim

i didnt do curve to changel R . G . B . i think its too much details :P .

can u show me some exmple pls sir! . i want to learn .
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi Lightwave3d,

Too much details? No way! It's super-easy and a great tool!

When you use Levels globally you can set the white point, mid point and black point to adjust contrast, right? I mean by moving the little triangles in the Levels tool. Okay, so when you do this globally you can adjust the contrast for the whole image.

Now, when you do this separately for R, G and B you can adjust the contrast and color grading in a way that makes your highlights neutral, your midtones more warm and your shadows more blue or green, which is a bit how interior lighting works.

At first it is a bit tricky, but the easiest way to learn how to use this is to only move the middle triangle, for the mid point, on the red channel. This allows you to make the mid-tones warmer or cooler. Do use this too much or things start to look fake or forced, as with all Photoshop effects! When you feel comfortable using this you can combine changes to the midtone of the Red channel with changes to the midtone of the blue and/or green channel, and then finally you can learn to use white point, mid point and black point separately on all three channels.

I'll make a separate post using one of your images to demonstrate this technique, if that's okay for you?
thomas

Post by thomas »

Here you go, I just made you an example, based on a recent gallery picture you posted! :D
Colour Grading with Levels Channels.jpg
Keraressi Abdelkarim

hehe thank u sir (y)