render_G_low_res_2.jpg
Kray render + photoshop
Kray render + photoshop
thomas

Re: Chikdren room

Post by thomas »

Hi!

Some feedback:
1) The depth of field doesn't work, somehow. Which plug-in are you using?
2) The light seems to be a bit too uniform across the room. For example: I would expect the tree bark to be lighter on the right side then it is on the left side, because the window is on the right.
3) The "house" shaped panel seems to float above the floor.
4) The floor also seems to very evenly lit. How is your lighting set up? How many light sources and where are the placed? It looks like the window is the main source, but in the picture frame I see a reflection of a sky-portal. Any other lights?
artattak

Post by artattak »

Sorry for my English.
1)Dof I generated in photoshop based on the z-buffer
2)Uniform light of an intended effect
3) My bad
4) I am using the photon power range of 1-2. No light portal. 3 area lights + lumi panel for reflection
Attachments
0002.jpg
0001.jpg
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi,

I can understand that you want the whole room to look nice and bright, but the lighting setup you have now makes everything look flat and less realistic - which tends to happen when the light comes from everywhere. I think it is better to have the light come mostly from the windows, and use tonemapping to achieve a nice bright look.

Regarding DOF, you use the Z-buffer and then Lens Blur in Photoshop? There really is something strange going on, with for example the ears of the bunny in the background...
artattak

Post by artattak »

This commercial order. The client required that the model was well visible and well indulged color. I know that more realistically will give less light inside.
DOF is really too strong but unfortunately DOF with Photoshop and no real rendered dof.
Such a scene I have to do it in about 3 hours with modeling bed to this order was profitable.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I like technical aspects of renders: no noise, no blur noise, very good AA (perhaps images are resealed) and nice clean light. Good job for me.