Gamma correction does not work with render sequence

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
thinice557

Gamma correction does not work with render sequence

Post by thinice557 »

Hi guys,

I a quite new to Kray and currently using Kray 2.57 and LW2015.1

Everything was working perfectly when I render a frame but when I hit render sequence, the image came out dark, ie no gamma correction. It does not even change when I add tone mapping plugin (Kray built in). The render frame was still working as expected.

I have tried all kind of setting but the result is still the same.

Just checking if anyone else is having the same problem or if I missed something Thanks
Janusz Biela

Re: Gamma correction does not work with render sequence

Post by Janusz Biela »

thinice557 wrote:Hi guys,

I a quite new to Kray and currently using Kray 2.57 and LW2015.1

Everything was working perfectly when I render a frame but when I hit render sequence, the image came out dark, ie no gamma correction. It does not even change when I add tone mapping plugin (Kray built in). The render frame was still working as expected.

I have tried all kind of setting but the result is still the same.

Just checking if anyone else is having the same problem or if I missed something Thanks
Can you post just lws here from this scene ?
thinice557

Post by thinice557 »

Thanks Janusz, actually it seems to be the same even with demo scenes. I'll try reinstalling first and see if that fixes the problem ,,,
thinice557

Post by thinice557 »

Hi,

Just an update. There seem to be a few strange things happening using Kray with LW2015.1. I am currently using it with LW 11.6 and everything is working perfectly.

Now, if only someone knows how to set it up with Amleto....
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

thinice557 wrote:Hi,

Just an update. There seem to be a few strange things happening using Kray with LW2015.1. I am currently using it with LW 11.6 and everything is working perfectly.

Now, if only someone knows how to set it up with Amleto....
Please be aware of using LW 2015 and Kray 2.x. Stick with LW 11.6.
Kray 2.x has SDK connections from LW 11.6 and if you will install new LW 2015 It can be something wrong - not because bug in Kray but some changes in LW SDK...which means must be again new update version for LW 2015.
Also I found strange bug with instances in new LW (reset setting of instances after when you back to LW 11.6) maybe this was accident becouse LW 2015 write some new thinks in lws and when you try open it in LW 11.6 can be error.

My advice: stick always with working stuff :) ...even if is new version and still you have very old one. Do not jump to new versions immediately ! From my 20 years experience the best idea is not make changes in pipeline. Of course exist some situations when you need new functions in software and this is really necessary for your job, then switching to new version is a must.

Anyway I will send new remaining mail to G. with question about LW 2015. He is silent so it means he does something for new LW and also beta plugin K3.