Panorama interior

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Panorama interior

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello!
My last commercial job renders with GravityForceStudios.
The scene has status "new service for clients" - interiors and exteriors panoramas system. This pano is only to see our new product. Panorama offers two view states: with and without furnitures.
Everything is done by me (except some Ever-models)
Time render 8000/4000 pix depends from camera 2-12 hours/Dual Xeon.
here link:
http://gravityforcestudios.com/panorama/hil/hil.html

and some still images
still_livingroo_HiFi.png
Livingroom_door.png
bedroom_picB.png
livingroom_bonsai.png
bedroom_pic.png
bedroom_lamp.png
Still_livingroom_table.png
Greetings!
albertos

Re: Panorama interior

Post by albertos »

excellent as usual...
is possible to know some few details about lighting setup (and maybe tonemapping...)

Alberto
vgabex

Post by vgabex »

Gratulations! It's perfect!

Relasing a complex scene like this as a commercial product would be nice. Remember Render Vision ProArch Vol1 from 2008?! That was very good with many-many new info for me. Light setup, materials and more...
Kray is a very good stuff, but only few people can master it currently. Without free or commercial complex smaples like this it's very hard to learn using it right. Ok, we can hunt for some stuff here in the forums (some nice materials or simple interior setups), but it's not easy to put assemble the elements and get perfect renders like theese.

The best would be if K3 would come together with a scene like this. It would attract more attention!

Did you created the panorama tour too, or just the renders?
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

janusz good stuf!
Keraressi Abdelkarim

vgabex wrote:Gratulations! It's perfect!

Relasing a complex scene like this as a commercial product would be nice. Remember Render Vision ProArch Vol1 from 2008?! That was very good with many-many new info for me. Light setup, materials and more...
Kray is a very good stuff, but only few people can master it currently. Without free or commercial complex smaples like this it's very hard to learn using it right. Ok, we can hunt for some stuff here in the forums (some nice materials or simple interior setups), but it's not easy to put assemble the elements and get perfect renders like theese.

The best would be if K3 would come together with a scene like this. It would attract more attention!

hey vgabex what is the harder part in kray u see it ?! very easy . how u can see it its difficule . kray the most easy engine never seen . 3 click and do render .
vgabex

Post by vgabex »

lightwave3d wrote:

hey vgabex what is the harder part in kray u see it ?! very easy . how u can see it its difficule . kray the most easy engine never seen . 3 click and do render .
I'm not saying it's difficult, but the learning time was a bit long for me. Experimenting with light setups, materials, etc. For new or less advanced users a very realistic complete scene with good explanations and video tutorial would be good. Even for me :)

In this forum you can find several good solutions for many small problems, and you may put them together to render your scene realistic. But with a complex scene you get solutions and ideas from an another aspect.

For me, purchasing Remember Render Vision ProArch Vol1 in 2008 was a very big jump. I started to see, how things works together.

An example: I have done some similar panorama tour (eg.: http://potom.at/gernotgasse56panorama/top1/)
I think have a quite OK universal setup for interiors, but I'd love to have this scene to examine some things:
- complete overall light setup - how to create this nice ambient light
- very realistic materials
- curtain material - it let sunlight perfectly into the room
- floor standig lamp's material and light source
- render setup for HQ renders
- postwork

When I use my setup with my materials, it's quite fast to finish with a job. Of course I want to improve my renders to get closer to this quality, but I don't have enough time to experiment with small but great new ideas shown on the forum.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Again incredible!

And I agree with vgabox, my latest interior (allthough first in a long time) took me over a week to complete, I love the result but all the tweaking takes forever. And I am not sure at all the setup will work for any future interior.
I also think we would need sample scenes like this just to learn from. How to create these ultra realistic materials, how to do fluffy carpets. How to place lighting, how to use special commands and tonemapping etc etc.
I also digged through the forum but there are lots of posts that are outdated solutions and/or setups , so it's hard to find the right approach.
I can understand from a commercial standpoint of view that CG artists are not always willing to share their 'secrets' but for KRay it's a bad thing meaning that only a few are able to utilize the full potential and create amazing renders. making the market for potential users small and probably others switch to Max or other solutions.
I wished we had :
- lots of good sample scenes for different situations
- good lighting tutorials
- most of all an extensive material library with realistic node based materials.

On the other hand, who knows if K3 will ever arrive we will be able to do things much easier ( just one 'make awesome render' button ;) ) .... still waiting for over 2 years now though
Keraressi Abdelkarim

vgabex wrote:
lightwave3d wrote:

I'm not saying it's difficult, but the learning time was a bit long for me. Experimenting with light setups, materials, etc. For new or less advanced users a very realistic complete scene with good explanations and video tutorial would be good. Even for me :)

In this forum you can find several good solutions for many small problems, and you may put them together to render your scene realistic. But with a complex scene you get solutions and ideas from an another aspect.

For me, purchasing Remember Render Vision ProArch Vol1 in 2008 was a very big jump. I started to see, how things works together.

An example: I have done some similar panorama tour (eg.: http://potom.at/gernotgasse56panorama/top1/)
I think have a quite OK universal setup for interiors, but I'd love to have this scene to examine some things:
- complete overall light setup - how to create this nice ambient light
- very realistic materials
- curtain material - it let sunlight perfectly into the room
- floor standig lamp's material and light source
- render setup for HQ renders
- postwork

When I use my setup with my materials, it's quite fast to finish with a job. Of course I want to improve my renders to get closer to this quality, but I don't have enough time to experiment with small but great new ideas shown on the forum.
man i see u have nice materiel realsitic . like chrom and glass the problem u have its lighting. in my opinion .
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

albertos wrote:excellent as usual...
is possible to know some few details about lighting setup (and maybe tonemapping...)

Alberto
LEM panels in windows, LEM on the ceilings (in dark regions) Tonemap standard: Gamma/Exponential 50% and very high settings for Final gathering.
Generally nothing special except surfaces - here really sometimes complex Nodes.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello!
Thank You! Yes is the same situation in V-ray field: thousand users and only 20-30 really good people....
Anyway there is a point which crossing means: finding your own style (even if is not good) but real quality comes with one general point: Surfaces. It is really doesnt matter by what you render - only good surfaces (physical correct, HQ seamless textures, quality blur) brings quality. Of course important is also light setting, how you deal with scene. Personally I think render engine is no so much important, more important is knowledge about software with his weak and strong points.
Everything I do by myself - also pano tour.
vgabex

Post by vgabex »

Janusz, what program do you use to create panorama tours? How did you created the switch between empty and filled panos?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

vgabex wrote:Janusz, what program do you use to create panorama tours? How did you created the switch between empty and filled panos?
Search Pano2vr software. Switching is not so easy. Pano2vr as all similar programs has not good manual. Of course exist perfect wiki for this software but there is lack of examples which make confusion (you must search in forum). It looks that as is everything but still user get lost. This is really annoying especially when you want make something more complex. A lot options from command line, not clear explanations, general problems with html5 and Flash, general problems with mobiles devices, etc, generally mess with everything because as we know is many web browsers with differences in support features.
Basic pano view you can make very fast but just try make something complex working with your will, then really mission is on the front of you!

Switching same place in pano tour is difficult because if you want do it in Flash you must "tell" to Flash what is real place of camera just not to open another panorama place or get error. This is really bad idea in software and very annoying. It must be done for example by Nodes inside Pano2vr. I hate this software ...but there is not better solution in web. Of course there a lot another options but Pano2vr seems be the best.

My panorama has two versions: Flash and html5.
Here is plugin for Firefox which allow you very easy turn ON/OFF Flash plugin in browser:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... f/?src=api
So after turning OFF Flash refresh my link with panorama and you will see html5 version and also differences.
Also I have problems in mobiles browsers (you can test) - generally is not so easy making working this stuff everywhere - I am render man not web master :lol:
thibault

Post by thibault »

Hi JAnusz,
Interesting by camera you use for 360 rendering ?
Thanks in advance
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi Thibault,

1) Use the spherical camera in the Kray camera selection.
2) Set the horizontal resolution to 2 x the vertical resolution (e.g. 8000 x 4000 pixels, or 10000 x 5000 pixels). 6000 x 3000 pixels is the ABSOLUTE minimum for a good pano (and to be honest, I wouldn't even go so low. I use 10000 x 5000).
3) Make sure the Pitch of your camera in LW is zero. Heading doesn't matter since the camera goes around 360 either way.
thibault

Post by thibault »

Thanks Thomas !