Attachments
00100000.jpg
00100001.jpg
00100002.jpg
00100003.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Town Hall - Conference room

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello! Yes, it needs improvement in light balance. I think LEM light (luminosity panels) in windows will solve problem - just copy glass from windows and paste to empty layer and move them a couple cementers inside room. If somebody forget or do not know how create invisible LEM lights in Kray I will post short info.
There is something wrong when LEM lights and windows glasses if they are in the same place - looks as blocked photons...bug in Kray? so to avoid problems just move them 20-50 mm to inside of the room. Anyway we will not fix this because now we start K3 alpha/beta and very soon K2.x will be history. It will be also soon last K2.x update with fixed code + support for last Lightwave. I test this version since 2 weeks and it works perfect with...20-30% speed more! :wink:
You can use also Physical Sphere lights in places
where are wall lamps and ceiling lamps (I think you did that)...just do not try increase power of bulb luminescence lights too much (level 300% is maximum!...after that you will start have problems with blur quality and photons map quality).
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

i dont like to visite kray website to see update . always when kray do update . 1.7 ex.. 2 . or from 2. to 2.2 ex..all time i was out of internet . so prefer not visite it all days . i keep visiting 2 time by mouth to see Kray3 finish very quickly ^^ .hihi lol ^^ :mrgreen: my trick to speed up kray programing in my mind . but love kray so i can not do it . i visite all time to checkin some new scn some new information some new work from comunity ex... best wish kray user ^^ . :P
vgabex

Post by vgabex »

Here's the final version.

I know that plants needs improvement, but ' had no more time to finish.
In terms of light ballance, I had to take into account the disegner's taste: highlight the interior lights

The curtains are now closed, so I could not use the copy glass trick. Insted I put area lights near the window + unchecked the csat shadow option for the curtain to let in the sunlight

Wall lamps has spherical lights, ceiling lamps has 2 spherical and 2 area (inv. dist)

I'd like to test this scene in K3. Will there be an open beta for K2.x customers? How to tell that I'm intrested in beta testing?

Thanks for the comments!
Attachments
light setup
light setup
00100000.jpg
00100001.jpg
00100002.jpg
00100003.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Instead using Inverse Distance 2 use 1. for lights in windows.
Try maybe one big Sphere Light (Inv.Dist.2)on the ceiling lamp instead four. Control noise for Spherical Lights and IES lights is in Kray Quality Tab - Luminosity Threshold (100/0 minimum).
LEM lights inside ceiling lamps must be for effect not for light! So keep 300% luminosity level maximum. Main light must come from Spherical Lights (1 m minimum) - this is general rule for all lamps - never try bright up rooms by strong LEM lights because this affects errors in photon maps and horrible noise blur.
Beta K3 is closed but you can write to G. request, he is always open for propositions.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

here this is my very old render old work in one day done. idid its ithink is similaire then yours
Attachments
600000 50 TS.jpg
4 test z00000 TS TS ECRAN AE.jpg
700000 50 TS.jpg
40 TS.jpg