Exterior

Please post finished works here.
graflukas

Exterior

Post by graflukas »

Current viz for a client.
I know it's not epic :) but I'm satisfied so far..
I'm not sure about composition... What do you think?
The next one /I mean project/
will be based on nodes with better textures, I hope :idea:
At this moment a lot of photoshop work.

I tried to make some good contrast and a little juicy colors for a client satisfation.
You know what I mean... :lol:
Each comment or suggestion will be welcome for next shots.
Attachments
Exterior.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Exterior

Post by Janusz Biela »

I think this looks good. The building in my opinion has nice light. Plants bad - for that you need Nodes with translucency - soon I will start upload leafs surfaces.
Problem with plants is that - there is a lot science and physics :lol: and simulate them is terrible horror.
graflukas

Post by graflukas »

Yes I agree.
Leaf material is difficult and time consuming during render.
In this project all materials are based on standard surfaces, no nodes,
what is easy to see in the carpaint material. Looks ugly.
It is very confusing, to setup materials that they are looking good in studio
and watching how they looking terrible in exterior scene with a sun light.
I hope nodes will solve this problem.

I read your posts about nodes.
At first it is little complicated when you start with this,
but after a little time the idea how they work, begin to be clear.
I'm glad you are going to explain the basic knowledge about nodes. Very helpful.
Especialy that Lightwave has a lot of them and wrong experiments could discurage to use them.
Could you poste some suggestions for architetural materials like concrate, plaster, stone etc.?
I'ts propabely the same way, but I'll be thanksful.

In a free time I'm trying testing nodes.
When I'll start next project I'll try to post the vizualisation process from the beginig to the end.
It maybe help to other users...
Im not sure if I'm good and strong enough, but it could be a chance not only for me but to others too
to watch or take a part with this to share and increase skills in one project that could be a start up to our own for the futue.
Maybe it will works :D

PS.
I think it could be usefull to create on Kray board a heading with some explainations about solutions/settings
for various scene: studio/interior/exterior. Maybe you have somethig like this in your mind...
It could be good to refresh knowledge about this in a separete heading to get them together.
For this moment it is necessary to dig a lot of posts. Some of them (I mean tips&tricks) are probabely out of date...
THX
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

There will be all materials. I need just time for it. I remind: I do not sharing materials/surfaces - I share idea/system. I show one plastic surface because from this system you can create easily infinite plastic surfaces (different colors, different reflection level- in this case controlled by Fresnel). So this is something more then just one surface. The target of Nodes amount will be ~ 20-30 and there is nothing more to show. Whole system which I use since two years back working well, fast, enough accurate, is easy to learn and logical. Amount of time which I save is incredible big - using this system I dramatically drop amount of previews renders.
Is very often when users tweak surface by changing diffuse and mixing idea of reflection/diffuse level! This is very bad idea.
In my opinion 60-80% of whole render are surfaces. It will be NEVER good render without good surfacing.