Reception hall

Please post finished works here.
Alexis

Reception hall

Post by Alexis »

Hello, first topic for me in finished works.

Two renders in QMC, long long time .... :lol:
Attachments
CSGcibetanche_vue2_02.jpg
CSGcibetanche_vue1_02.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Reception hall

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello! :D
Good renders. I would like give you some advices about these two renders (of course if are interesting). Will back soon with my point of view :wink:
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Of course, your point of view is very appreciate :P . I need to learn.
This id a speed project and low cost. 16 h work with render. Only armchair and sofa is downloaded without UV.

Thanks you sir ! :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I will start from the top what I would like to change:

- flare effect is too strong especially those circles effect. Last time I try hold my self not to exaggerate with flare effect - just make soft effect (some very soft 3-4 wide sparks) The most important thing: no lens flare at all!
- light which coming from halogens should be fake (just translucency 100-200%) to see effect but main light should come from Area Lights squares (0,5 - 1.0 m) and of course not from each position of halogen. It will make clean Photon Map. There in Kray it is special option for huge power of light (100.000 Lumi even from small sources of light) It`s call Limit DR shader. But this is dangerous method and very brutal.
- avoid small strong light sources
- avoid strong lumi lights (200% max) if is not enough then support it by Area Light
- avoid basic windows shapes - human eye immaterially catch this and says to brain: is something artificial and wrong in picture
- avoid flat cloth materials (in this case no material at all I see)
- desaturate background more ..or maybe is good (some people desaturate stronger some less)
- avoid bad carpets (It can ruin whole render if carpet shape has basic wire or lack of fur effect or not fur at all)
- try Node Reflection from DP Kit (there is glancing effect which stretch reflection in parallel direction from a object shape - this is kind of Ani - reflection simulation working fast in render)
- try make better surface with plants leafs. This can also ruin whole scene.
- use Shift camera
- maybe try put sun effect deeper in scene - it will help bright up scene and make better feeling
- did you used QMC? If yes that's good. New K3 engine will have great Final Gathering but we must still deal with K2.x.

:idea:
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Thank you very mutch Janusz, your answer is perfect. I begin other project and i test your answer later.

For carpet, I want test FiberFX, always crash with kray... I don't try longer.
For shift camera, Time render is not longer?
For the "tube lamp", I have spherical light 50mm at 55% with 550mm limit, inverse distant ^². Problem, I have many grain in this part of picture..

I agree with you, these pictures are not very successful because they need more work. :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Alexis wrote:Thank you very mutch Janusz, your answer is perfect. I begin other project and i test your answer later.

For carpet, I want test FiberFX, always crash with kray... I don't try longer.
It doesn`t work in Kray.
Try Instances - very powerful.
For shift camera, Time render is not longer?
Yes this question is common. I think it is normal speed render but is small difference: Shift camera sees more then standard camera because of perspective (I do not how much ...maybe 5-10%) But I am not sure of that.
For the "tube lamp", I have spherical light 50mm at 55% with 550mm limit, inverse distant ^². Problem, I have many grain in this part of picture..
Physical lights are not supported by Kray, they are just emulated. real support will be in K3 (speed and no noise).
To reduce noise from Spherical light use in Quality Tab higher Luminosity Min/max - for example 50/200. This also works with IES lights.
I agree with you, these pictures are not very successful because they need more work. :D
I do not think so is so bad. The most important is to see problems and fix them next time....so My rules number one" next render must be better then previous - there is no step back" :wink:
denial86

Post by denial86 »

I’m looking for the best penthouse NYC as I plan to shift there in a couple of months. Where can I find detailed advertisements as I have very specific requirements for the place?