How to create parquet floors with LWCAD 4.5+

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
ZodiaQ

How to create parquet floors with LWCAD 4.5+

Post by ZodiaQ »

I just read the post about the parquet generator http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... =viewtopic

Well here's my method of making nice looking wooden interior floors.
You will need LWCAD at least version 4.5 though.

-First create strips (plank width) divided to required number and length of planks.
So one (connected) strip containing the number of planks you want in length direction
-Copy (lwcad vector clone) them to fill the room width
-Use LWCAD Jitter tool to make random seam offset (in length direction)
If you want you can use bevel to create a physical seam, or remove seam to create small gap between planks
-extrude to create thickness
-Now for the fun part, create a morph target and use Jitter tool to randomly move planks in X and Z direction
If desired you could use random (object) select and rotate a certain percentage of the planks 180 degrees.
-Now apply UV coordinates
-Return to base obejct and apply material, add textures and you have nice planks with non continuous wood pattern all the same texture size :)
- Now use lwcad surface random to apply randomly a specified number of surfaces, copy your surface across all versions and apply variations
To your liking you could even use the LWCAD Jitter to slightly move, scale, rotate each plank

sorry for not providing images
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Re: How to create parquet floors with LWCAD 4.5+

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

i think u can make small pattern and use lw instancer for ground to make it . i use it on wall in this case lw instancer.

can u put video pls . or iamge
Attachments
Toilete00000 expo ts sign.jpg
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Last edited by ZodiaQ on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

i think u can make small pattern and use lw instancer for ground to make it . i use it on wall in this case lw instancer.
In your case texture for each part is the same so it's easier. wooden planks shouldn't all have the same texture.
brainpolka

Post by brainpolka »

You can easilly make different types of planks or tiles and do a random instance. I have made a floor with 12 different textured parquette pieces and it works like a charm.