Sky Plugin

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
3dream

Sky Plugin

Post by 3dream »

I'm brand new to Kray and beginning to play around with Demo. Long time LW user. How come when I set the time in the Real Sky Plugin to something early evening, when I should see a nice orange sunset sky, I'm getting an almost green alien sky? What settings am I missing?
Janusz Biela

Re: Sky Plugin

Post by Janusz Biela »

3dream wrote:I'm brand new to Kray and beginning to play around with Demo. Long time LW user. How come when I set the time in the Real Sky Plugin to something early evening, when I should see a nice orange sunset sky, I'm getting an almost green alien sky? What settings am I missing?
Everything is ok, just system in SunSky or Physky is not perfect. There is no solution for Sunset now apparently. You must wait for Kray3 with new Physical Sky or use HDRi.
In this moment I can help a bit with Kray Physky tweaking - is better then nothing. Scene is only for evening time! Do not change hour because you will over burn scene.
Scene is my private object so only for testing use :wink:

In LW SunSky you can make the same and even better (more flexibility)
Good luck!
Attachments
kray_render00005.jpg
kray_render00004.jpg
kray_render00003.jpg
kray_render00002.jpg
kray_render00001.jpg
kray_render00000.jpg
Sky_evening.rar
(5.04 MiB) Downloaded 229 times
3dream

Post by 3dream »

I see. So the sky plugin with appropriate lighting is not used as the background. Interesting. Appreciate the help/info. I'll play some more!

Is there somewhere that one can find out about KR3.0? I see so many posts about, we'll have to wait until 3.0 for many different things. Just curious if there is a feature list or something somewhere.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

3dream wrote:I see. So the sky plugin with appropriate lighting is not used as the background. Interesting. Appreciate the help/info. I'll play some more!
It is common trick everywhere. The background is switched from Global Illumination under LW and also turned off with all shadow flags - so is only for view and reflection effect.
I worn from to use HDRi - is the worst scenario when you will start use HDRi as source of light! It create a lot of problems in photon map and reflection. If you want good light stick always with Physky or LW SunSky - it will make less problems and more accuracy render.
Is there somewhere that one can find out about KR3.0? I see so many posts about, we'll have to wait until 3.0 for many different things. Just curious if there is a feature list or something somewhere.
Here what is new:
www.kraytracing.com/pub/docs/kray3_commands.html
http://cgg.mff.cuni.cz/projects/SkylightModelling/ Physky2 This actually works now in Podium Render in Google Scetchup http://www.suplugins.com/help/podiumv2plus.php#six (Core of Kray3 is inside Podium Render)

We have small delay with beta but it is really very close.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

thnx for scn .

by the way can i use this scn for exterior ispiration ? i mean do final render with it :P .

i think use hdri its help a lot very easy . any hdri u can use it . but some of them need to tweaking . for exmple mybe some hdri u can put itensity 30 / 100 or some of them mybe 200 / 100 . its depend of hdri source and build .

here small exmlpe with hdri .
Attachments
001.png
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I agree, some hdri have very hot pixels that cn be real problem.
Limit DR could fix it, right?