Interior design

Please post finished works here.
medzo

Interior design

Post by medzo »

Hi

This is a small project I did for my friend. Rendered in QMC mode (there is some noise), lumi polygons with raytrace shader (i am a little to lazy to set up area lights), render time 2-2,5h per frame.
014-00000.jpg
014-00001.jpg
014-00002.jpg
014-00004.jpg
014-00006.jpg
C&C are welcome
Janusz Biela

Re: Interior design

Post by Janusz Biela »

For me looks very good :!:
You are just a few steps before real rendering.
I would like make better blur and DoF and some details in surfacing.
Do not worry with QMC time render...still is very fast.

From my experience what I can help with better rendering in QMC mode:
- maximum level FG 100/500 - very acceptable - if it is still noise it means you have somewhere strong lumi object (I avoid in QMC luminescence - only Area Lights. I think is bug in Kray or it just work in this way)
- higher resolution less noise (the best is over 2000 pix then you can reduce QMC down for example 50/100 - yes is not joke )
- bright scene - less noise (it`s normal)
- If you need lamp effect in kitchen cabinet -- better lumi panel as Raytracing layer and under it: Area Light.
- again avoid luminescence
- Area Light minimum 2/4
- DoF of course from Z-buffer (before render check distance from top view and do not forget turn OFF DoF under Layout)
- the second important setup in QMC and the last (yes only two options works in this mode) is Path Distance. I use standard setup Path 1 and 50% distance.
Why? because still in QMC mode you need shoot photons, which are interpolated and Path Distance will help it make better photon map in corners by shooting extra Path Tracing photons. The best idea is use Skyportals but with this we must wait for K3 when Physical light from Kray will work with Skyportals. Then Photon Map will be perfect and then render will be much faster in QMC or Final Gathering.
This is only (almost) one difference between QMC and Path Tracing the Photon shoot phase. In QMC we limited amount of information by interpolations (cells) in Path Tracing doesn`t exist this phase (you can turn OFF photons) because each photon is traced individually without interpolation which affect very long render and huge noise.
I hop it will help :wink:
medzo

Post by medzo »

Thanks

I am attaching my settings so others could see. In some areas they are higher than you suggested but it still renders around 2h, which is very fast.
settings.jpg
Currently i am not exploring old kray in depth, because it seems kind a waste of time as we expect K3.0 any time now, right :)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Setup are very good. I would like just change:
- Area Light 2/4 or if you want maximum then 3/6 (you have too high)
- blur min/max 500/1000 or maximum 500/2000

If you get noise in scene then watch strong Lumi panels (do not allow, if You need them in scene, raise over 200-500%)
If you have blur noise - read above (lumi problem) or too strong Physky or another environment light.
If you put Area Light in window - you can make them much smaller (you will prevent ugly noise near, which is not from low setup but from strong light...I suspect them as kind of hot pixels. For that will be shader in K3 which will clean that noise and will rapid speed of render by physical lights)

By this you will decrease time ~ 30-50%. Please notice: You have perfect GI so is not waste time. You do not need time to fights with splotches or contact shadows....
You will receive very good material for post process.
I suggest concentrate with DoF (Z-buffer) it is VERY DIFFICULT part of renders, need a lot of training because is very easy exaggerate with DOF effect.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

i think the best answer its from janusz . i cant say nothing . nice idea and desgin keep going . :idea:
mato

Post by mato »

Nice renders :) Second one looks very realistic.

One question! Is the brick on the chimney meant to be a real brick or wallpaper?
medzo

Post by medzo »

Thanks Mato!

It's supposed to be a real brick wall with reflecting glazing, but in the end it came out on renders like a fake wallpaper :( Displacement would be nice and I also should spent more time on material...maybe next time :)
mato

Post by mato »

Yes you could do that with the displacement, but it takes a lot of polygons then. Or maybe playing with the PS. Otherwise it looks good :wink: .
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

mato wrote:Yes you could do that with the displacement, but it takes a lot of polygons then. Or maybe playing with the PS. Otherwise it looks good :wink: .
K3 will have easy Displacement...so not any more stupid Subpatches :wink:
Of course displacement need RAM memory (so is not that great as we think) but with special code can be done trick with Z-distance.