UPDATED my house

Please post finished works here.
albertos

UPDATED my house

Post by albertos »

hello everybody,
having some free time to spend I start to model and test render parts of my house,
I have to say that this could be a very interesting exercise in order to improve modeling, lighting and surfacing
scene is lit with 3 lumipoly and kray setup is a basic lightmap setup
models are 95% self modeled

I've updated some views, I'm near to complete my livingroom/kitchen area
(I'm lucky 'cause my house is small!)

waiting for your comments

thanks

Alberto
Attachments
render00001ok.jpg
render0000c.jpg
closeup.jpg
v04ok.jpg
v01ok.jpg
Last edited by albertos on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Janusz Biela

Re: my house

Post by Janusz Biela »

For me the best stuff ever :wink:
Very good materials which are the KEY to High Quality
albertos

Post by albertos »

thanks Janus,
your positive reply is a very good motivation to go on with the rest of the house...
I absolutely agree about material definition...and I've seen also that detailed modeling is an important key to realism..

about materials we absolutely need anisotropic and SSS!.. and I'm still waiting for K3
do you think that we can reach some results just with playing with nodes and k2.x?

thanks!

Alberto
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

albertos wrote:thanks Janus,
your positive reply is a very good motivation to go on with the rest of the house...
I absolutely agree about material definition...and I've seen also that detailed modeling is an important key to realism..

about materials we absolutely need anisotropic and SSS!.. and I'm still waiting for K3
do you think that we can reach some results just with playing with nodes and k2.x?

thanks!

Alberto
Yes this is KEY to render : Ultra Surfacing. Everybody think about: Maxwell or V-ray - they are good...but is not true..the surfacing is perfect (Nodes or Shaders). Gi you can get exactly the same as in these software. Only missing part is surfacing.
Surfacing means Nodes...and is no another way. Surfacing means multiply in Nodes many textures to receive realistic surfaces and use Fresnel with injected reflection map and inverted blur map + exclusion of diffuse. This all is easy and doesn`t need shaders. they are math operators.
Only missing part are:
- SSS (In this case I will not go to real SSS, is not necessary...better is to add special shader which make fake SSS but is much faster then real)
- anisotropic reflection (this will be 100% for sure - is so needed in renders. This shader from LW Nodes is emulated so is slow and noise and is nonsense to use it in Kray.)
- displacement (why I do not render exteriors - because whatever I want to do is about to use this function)
Three above thinks we can not avoid now . So we must wait for K3.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Hi Janusz, could you go mere in depth with "Fresnel with injected reflection map and inverted blur map + exclusion of diffuse" I don't really get what you mean.

Thanks
albertos2008

Post by albertos2008 »

great janusz..
this is a good end point...
I will not copy and paste your setup, now I will try to find my way.. trying to simplify a little bit

thanks!
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Thanks, I'll take a look at your concept. I almost never use Layer Surfacing, far too limitated. But tons of node in a scene takes time. I did a carbon fiber node rig once, pretty accurate and it was taking aaaaaAAAAges!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

80% of this connection are not changeable . Most of setup I do with Mixer where I mix a couple textures to achieve final effect . Some parts: for example Bump/Normal transform or Fresnel/Diffuse I just import/export in Node from/to file...so generally is very fast.
The most important:
- I do not waste time for Normal map (sometimes is just color map the same for all channels)
- I do not waste time for Diffuse setup - is Auto
- I do not waste time for clone maps because If need a bit darker or different Hue for that I use COLOR TOOL.
- Sometimes one texture (if is good) can be used in all channels - if not by color tool and mixers I get what I want
- I do not use hundreds wood texture - with good skill by Color Tool I can transform color, hue, contrast to surface what I want
- reflection I control in Fresnel from 1.2 up to 15 depends from material.
- I do not use multiply Node to connect Fresnel with reflection map: waste of time - I just use Inject reflection map to reflection input in fresnel. So output has fresnel mixed with map.
- all what I use is Mixer and Color Tool sometimes Injecting 2-3 textures by Multiply in Mixer
- If I have white floor and I want dark brown I inject basic color Node to the Mixer
- sometimes I have to clone map for blur (I have problems with blurring by Node)
- If I use Hi quality wood/concrete textures then reflection/diffuse/bump maps are different ...sometimes (depends from map) NO - it`s enough one
- I do not use crazy Nodes to create materials (for example floor, carbon fiber, etc): waste of time...better make texture in FilterForge with bump, reflection channel
- for complicate surfaces with double reflection (car paint, ceramic) I use Mixer + reflection shaderers.

The bad:
- color tool has too small preview (need training to get something) I will try force G. to write Node with bigger prev if is possible
- color tool has not gamma correction (I use this Node because from another I got problems...but I have to check again)

Keeping those rules You will enter to HQ surfacing which is necessary for HQ render ...there is no another way.
Some of my surfaces are Twice bigger in Nodes but they are easy after small training (most of grows are mixing textures by Mixer)

Rest is just good GI and postproces.
Janusz Biela

Re: UPDATED my house

Post by Janusz Biela »

Now I see you updated renders :)
Very good stuff :!:
...surfacing is the key for high quality.
medzo

Post by medzo »

amazing!!! this is really great stuff!
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

nice update 8)