Re: kray 3.0 preview

Post by jnom »

10 days till december. :mrgreen:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jnom wrote:10 days till december. :mrgreen:
...and I play with K3 pre beta :wink:
This is low quality Area Light - no noise at all. Soon will post more.
Attachments
kray3_Area.png
jnom

Post by jnom »

Btw besides cuda 6 this might also be interesting http://io9.com/disneys-new-rendering-te ... 1467435361

Also Janusz, I wonder if kray 3.0 will atleast support the feature set of kray 2.0 like the alpha and render flags, instancing, etc in lw. Its great to have a new render engine but honestly I would rather have more lw functions supported.
Vray as old as it is, just kept expanding its features ipr, hair, sss, render elements, etc, but kept the old engine.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jnom wrote:Btw besides cuda 6 this might also be interesting http://io9.com/disneys-new-rendering-te ... 1467435361

Also Janusz, I wonder if kray 3.0 will atleast support the feature set of kray 2.0 like the alpha and render flags, instancing, etc in lw. Its great to have a new render engine but honestly I would rather have more lw functions supported.
Vray as old as it is, just kept expanding its features ipr, hair, sss, render elements, etc, but kept the old engine.
Kray is no V-ray. All previous features will be supported + new one added.
jnom

Post by jnom »

Don't get it the wrong way Janusz. There's is a business side to software. Hopefully kray will succeed in business since its so underrated. My point was vray succeeded with old engine but more supported features rather than creating new engine which has risk of limited functionality.

GPU rendering in the near future. Interesting for kray pathtracing mode.
http://raytracey.blogspot.com/2013/10/brigade-3.html
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thank you for interest in the topic. I did not mention one think: Kray is Grzegorz Child, he can do with this software whatever he wants: even tomorrow put into trash. He love this what he does and of course he will never drop this because this is one of the biggest achievement in his life. Besides that exist also another World of live: passion, happiness from what you do and big pleasure from developing yourself.
This is no commercial world ..it is something else, something very high and not available for many people. I am part of that and believe me is something more then only money. Maybe Kray suck with commercial part , but believe me this is not that important as you think.
Remember : Grzgorz is Genius and that people do not pay attention so much for commercial mumble. Maybe this is bad side ...or maybe very good. Personally I think this second one. He is "Man in the High Castle" (Philipa K. Dick) :wink:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Jasusz, it's great to read that, passion always leads to incredible stuff.
Maybe he should just team up with somebody with marketing skills and the same passion so the product could have more exposure, so he can have more reward for his hard work. Somebody who will not push him to places he doesn't want to go as well.
I'd love to see that and even contribute ^^
nico

Post by nico »

We need kray...we need G. We work only with kray now and the food in my house is with this work and this sw. So thank you G. And J. We need of your work for us work!!!! :wink:
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

ahhh loooooooooooool nico your right :mrgreen: we all waiting G . but before any info comming from G. we must explorer all idea on Kray 2.55 ^^ :mrgreen:
jnom

Post by jnom »

Janusz Biela wrote:Thank you for interest in the topic. I did not mention one think: Kray is Grzegorz Child, he can do with this software whatever he wants: even tomorrow put into trash. He love this what he does and of course he will never drop this because this is one of the biggest achievement in his life. Besides that exist also another World of live: passion, happiness from what you do and big pleasure from developing yourself.
This is no commercial world ..it is something else, something very high and not available for many people. I am part of that and believe me is something more then only money. Maybe Kray suck with commercial part , but believe me this is not that important as you think.
Remember : Grzgorz is Genius and that people do not pay attention so much for commercial mumble. Maybe this is bad side ...or maybe very good. Personally I think this second one. He is "Man in the High Castle" (Philipa K. Dick) :wink:
Well that is good indeed. That means kray will not be so expensive like vray. Vray is not unlimited render nodes anymore. That was biggest advantage over arnold renderer before, COST.
If passion is what drives kray dev then really its good because many software for lw are dead because of low sales. That will not happen to kray I guess because thats not the priority.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jnom wrote:
Well that is good indeed. That means kray will not be so expensive like vray. Vray is not unlimited render nodes anymore. That was biggest advantage over arnold renderer before, COST.
If passion is what drives kray dev then really its good because many software for lw are dead because of low sales. That will not happen to kray I guess because thats not the priority.
Do not worry about this. Kray "live" very well in Podium for Google Sketchup. I visited it sometimes and I see how it grows. Last time Grzegorz told me: Kray for LW is his priority. Honestly You have all tools in LW on the plate, Kray is just "Dot the I". I believe real power is in Skill User not in software.
I hear sometimes about small amount of Lightwave users. Is not true. It is still big group of people very skilled. A lot of movies now is done by LW. Also strong pressure of market and mumble crap drive crazy people to left and right, just to leech theirs money.
jnom

Post by jnom »

Good to hear its doing well in sketchup. Almost december :mrgreen:
Btw I haven't seen jure post lately. Hope he is ok.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jnom wrote:Good to hear its doing well in sketchup. Almost december :mrgreen:
Btw I haven't seen jure post lately. Hope he is ok.
Temporary busy :wink: So I am now his replacement .
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Soon will add new technical informations and renders (for example video from VPR Kray3) I am bit busy now , so please be patience...2-4 days :wink:
papaya

Post by papaya »

Thats really good news for us. ill waiting it.