KRAY and Material nodes

General disscusion about Kray
talats

KRAY and Material nodes

Post by talats »

Hi everybody, in the last day I had to cooperate with a friend who use lw engine to render to make a job of his together... He gave me a scene with some material node as "conductor", "standard", "sigma" etc... I've noticed that Kray seems to slow down with those kind of nodes and, at the end, lw renders are faster than kray renders with those node applyed... Anyone knows something about it?
Janusz Biela

Re: KRAY and Material nodes

Post by Janusz Biela »

talats wrote:Hi everybody, in the last day I had to cooperate with a friend who use lw engine to render to make a job of his together... He gave me a scene with some material node as "conductor", "standard", "sigma" etc... I've noticed that Kray seems to slow down with those kind of nodes and, at the end, lw renders are faster than kray renders with those node applyed... Anyone knows something about it?
Yes and it is normal . Kray is external render and many thinks from LW doesn't work or work slow or work not correct. Grzegorz do everything to make Kray more compatible but SUBJECT is too huge. So we slowly go to the same direction as V-ray (own materials, light, plugins, etc)
talats

Post by talats »

Janusz Biela wrote:
talats wrote:Hi everybody, in the last day I had to cooperate with a friend who use lw engine to render to make a job of his together... He gave me a scene with some material node as "conductor", "standard", "sigma" etc... I've noticed that Kray seems to slow down with those kind of nodes and, at the end, lw renders are faster than kray renders with those node applyed... Anyone knows something about it?
Yes and it is normal . Kray is external render and many thinks from LW doesn't work or work slow or work not correct. Grzegorz do everything to make Kray more compatible but SUBJECT is too huge. So we slowly go to the same direction as V-ray (own materials, light, plugins, etc)
It would be wonderfull tu have a dedicated Surface editor!!! But I start to think that, even if Gregorz is a great programer, maybe he should start to think to expand the team taking others programers to work with him...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

It would be wonderfull tu have a dedicated Surface editor!!! But I start to think that, even if Gregorz is a great programer, maybe he should start to think to expand the team taking others programers to work with him...
Yes good question, why Grzegorz reorganized code to be ready for modules which everybody can write and add to Kray as plugin or module.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

:evil:

:mrgreen: