KRAY's Buffers vs LW's Buffers

General disscusion about Kray
khan973

KRAY's Buffers vs LW's Buffers

Post by khan973 »

Hi Kray Team!

I thing that Lw's instances support is a great move!
It opens new prospectives for Kray with instances, instances visualisation, flocking and so on.

Is there a way to integrate LW's new buffer system or export to LW's buffers ?
I love Kray but sometimes I need to use specific buffers that are not available in KRAY's list.
I don't like to compare but Vray has an impressive list which helps to use it for film post-productions for example.
Most of the time, I can't use it for other than product / archviz because of few buffers and no flexibility in buffer creation.
DP filter allows to get specific buffers, create some and do so much more.

I'd love to have KRAY's awesome power with lw's buffer alongside with Dp filter possibilities.

Is it something planned? or even possible?
I Imagine that buffers are engine dependant?...
roger1972

Re: KRAY's Buffers vs LW's Buffers

Post by roger1972 »

+1
jnom

Post by jnom »

Not possible since they're separate render engines. Lw has its own and kray has its own. Dp, exrtrader sees only lw buffers.
Kray would have to improve on this by itself. Exr support should be the top priority for buffer request because even if we have many types of buffers available, it would be a nightmare to have them in separate image sequences. Just wondering if kray team are knowledgeable doing exr implementation.
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:Not possible since they're separate render engines. Lw has its own and kray has its own. Dp, exrtrader sees only lw buffers.
Kray would have to improve on this by itself. Exr support should be the top priority for buffer request because even if we have many types of buffers available, it would be a nightmare to have them in separate image sequences. Just wondering if kray team are knowledgeable doing exr implementation.
True, and we are working on this for Kray3.
- Jure
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Awesome!
I kind of knew it wouldn't be that easy but I thought there could be a workaround.