Clear-Coated Material

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
S0nny

Re: Clear-Coated Material

Post by S0nny »

jure wrote:
S0nny wrote:
Thank you Janusz, maybe it's the demo, some of the free scenes downloaded from the Depo are in fact a bit different in rendering or in some case completely crash Layout (ie hotelroom that doesn't work at all)
Anyway I'm considering the purchase, but I need reliability in the demo to make my decision :-/
It's because you are using LW11. Kray 2.4 does not officialy support LW11 because of many changes that have been done in LW11. You will need to wait for 2.5 update if you want to use Kray with LW11.
Many thanks Jure, I'll wait for 2.5! Any release date yet? Just out of curiosity, maybe i'll try out to revert to lw 10.1 for some experiments.
jure

Post by jure »

S0nny wrote:
jure wrote:
S0nny wrote:
Thank you Janusz, maybe it's the demo, some of the free scenes downloaded from the Depo are in fact a bit different in rendering or in some case completely crash Layout (ie hotelroom that doesn't work at all)
Anyway I'm considering the purchase, but I need reliability in the demo to make my decision :-/
It's because you are using LW11. Kray 2.4 does not officialy support LW11 because of many changes that have been done in LW11. You will need to wait for 2.5 update if you want to use Kray with LW11.
Many thanks Jure, I'll wait for 2.5! Any release date yet? Just out of curiosity, maybe i'll try out to revert to lw 10.1 for some experiments.
Couple of weeks...
- Jure
S0nny

Post by S0nny »

jure wrote:
Couple of weeks...
Good to know :D
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Nice setup Johnny, i personnaly use graduient curve instead of Fresnel. How do you know which fresnel value to use? I ve always wondered. Curve graduent is more straight forward to me as I know which values to use in traditionnal layer shading.