Glass packshot

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
gibbson

Glass packshot

Post by gibbson »

Hi

I'm trying to do a realistic glass packshot in Kray, can you help me with render settings, 'cuz in Kray my scene maybe need different settings ?
problem is also in flor object (I use in surface editor in shader options: edge Transparency , maybe this shader doesn't work in Kray ?)

Janusz Biela

Re: Glass packshot

Post by Janusz Biela »

You have to work with materials. Also caustic should be more higher + more Power.
gibbson

Post by gibbson »

ok I will try more caustic, its strange because render glass only in lightwave in my scene look better than kray, I tried also with material for Kray depo (node glass) but I think the results was the same.

p.s. Janusz twoje auta doprowadzają mnie do depresji
jure

Post by jure »

eem, i hope you are not trying to get the kray render look the same as LW. First of all shaders wont work in Kray so this will give you a bit different effect. Also there might be differences when using nodes. And of course tonemapping itself can make huge difference too.

So it's best you focus on one engine and tweak your materials to that one. Sometimes you need to use considerably different settings.
- Jure
gibbson

Post by gibbson »

no - no the same colorisctic, i'm trying to raise up quality of render so I thought that better to try compute in Kray but it's not easy for me - thx