Amleto network render controller

General disscusion about Kray
jnom

Amleto network render controller

Post by jnom »

Maybe kray team is interested to get Amleto and improve it,etc.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread ... ost1165914
Its been given away for free to developers who want to take it further.
I have bnr but one drawback it has is its locked to my pc. It would be great to have an open network controller or one that is tied to the dongle.
zonah

Re: Amleto network render controller

Post by zonah »

Insteresting but what do you think about a contributibe net render?
I think this is more interesting that an easy to setup.
Only connect computer to a node and all cpu used to render same project. Similar to Maxwell render.
jnom

Post by jnom »

In real time like distributed render in vray? That would need a bucket renderer.
If split render into sections and combine them into one image later then bnr and amleto can do that. :mrgreen:
Amleto is being offered free to developers. Hope someone picks this up. Screamernet sucks.
jnom

Post by jnom »

Ey guys,
Darklight seems to have picked up dev of amleto or atleast to unlock the program.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread ... ost1168542

Good news for kray users is that amleto works with kray. Hopefully unlocking it will unlock the split renders and 999 nodes. Show your support to the guy :mrgreen:
jnom

Post by jnom »

Ok guys amleto full version has been released. Pls test it out with kray and report bugs in that thread. This is a free 999 node network controller for lightwave that works with kray. :mrgreen:
Steel

Post by Steel »

Hi.

Iam trying to get Amleto to work with kray scene. At the moment ligtwave standard render works fine over network but not with kray scenes. I allways get a " Information: Kray license error" as feedback from the client and the frame did not render.
In the scene i have set kray renderer as renderer and i have deactivate the kray output checkbox.
The scene has some gi File which is loaded. Does this one have to be in a special directory? I have only pointed to the gi target in the kray GI dialogue.

What could i try ?

thx :D
jure

Post by jure »

It means kray cannot find your license key file. You should put it where your network render configs are.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Amleto is great. It collects files and renders faster than other controllers. There are cons but the pros outweight it. Unlimited nodes without needing screamernet is a pro. :mrgreen:
Would it be possible to work with Steve to get the split render to work with kray?
I think steve doesn't have a kray license.

Regarding the config, if you're using the default config then there's a folder called Main Config>Config somewhere depends on your amleto installation. Kray key has to be there.
jure

Post by jure »

Sure, although there needs to be no kray specific settings for split frame rendering. If he can make it work with LW than it should work with kray.
- Jure
Steel

Post by Steel »

thx for the hint. Now everything works like it should do.
I have tested Butterfly before but from beginning for me Amleto is more likeable.
The ability to easy start server interface from every client and get the output back to local place is really cool.

Further development would be cool and i think a a lot of people would be interested in this product.
In my opinion one of the most important feature is the possibility to get the kray buffers with network rendering.
Or is this still possible? I have seen this also output to lw checkbox!?

Post by jure »

Steel wrote: Further development would be cool and i think a a lot of people would be interested in this product.
In my opinion one of the most important feature is the possibility to get the kray buffers with network rendering.
Or is this still possible? I have seen this also output to lw checkbox!?
[/url]
Yes it's possible, just select "Also outpu to LW" and set kray file output to ON.
- Jure
Steel

Post by Steel »

I have checked Also output to LW and kray file ouput is on.
Now when i start Amleto Network rendering this scene i get the kray buffers only rendered by amleto
client where the basic data folder of scene is placed. Other client stll only render the standard kray output but wihout buffers.

Which destination do i have to choose for kray output:
The local render output destination c:\.....\ or the network path \\MyComputer\Users\....\ ?
jure

Post by jure »

Steel wrote:I have checked Also output to LW and kray file ouput is on.
Now when i start Amleto Network rendering this scene i get the kray buffers only rendered by amleto
client where the basic data folder of scene is placed. Other client stll only render the standard kray output but wihout buffers.

Which destination do i have to choose for kray output:
The local render output destination c:\.....\ or the network path \\MyComputer\Users\....\ ?
The network path obviously because your nodes need to know the full network path to your folder.
- Jure
Steel

Post by Steel »

Ok. Now it works. The problem was the missing writting acces to output folder.
gristle

Post by gristle »

Hi, I'm having trouble with Amleto and the Kray license file as well. I have it in the config directory that Amleto is looking at, but it still does not find it. Any ideas? Cheers.

...right, found the correct directory, its not in your LW config dir...