kray v 2.3

General disscusion about Kray
jdomingo

kray v 2.3

Post by jdomingo »

let me be the first to say thanks a lot for the bug fixes and some additional feature for ver 2.3. more power to kray team. thanks again.
thibault

Re: kray v 2.3

Post by thibault »

Thanks very much ! Good job !
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

i thought of making a drive test of v2.3, pleae find post. no PS. raw v2.3. i had 2 crashes though but will further test. thanks
Attachments
kray23test.jpg
jnom

Post by jnom »

Excellent render. When you say no post do you mean you didn't use linear workflow with tonemap blending?
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

hi jnom, thanks.
what i mean is no enhancement using photoshop or other post processign program. i did use tonemapping inside kray.
on general tab, exponential 4.2 and i add QLWF of gamma 2.2. i increase my photons to 2 to get a bit of brightness on dark area. or the other way is just lowering the gamma to about 1.4 without increasing the photon value. this is my regular setup.
nico

Post by nico »

jdomingo wrote:hi jnom, thanks.
what i mean is no enhancement using photoshop or other post processign program. i did use tonemapping inside kray.
on general tab, exponential 4.2 and i add QLWF of gamma 2.2. i increase my photons to 2 to get a bit of brightness on dark area. or the other way is just lowering the gamma to about 1.4 without increasing the photon value. this is my regular setup.
good setup!!!
can show grab screen of kray panel? tonemapping and other? :mrgreen:
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Hi Nico,

thanks, it is pretty much "low preset setting' whenever i am doing test render. please find attache screen grab of my low preset setup. there could be a lot better setup out there by the experts but i am happy with this one. try experimenting till you get what you are happy with.
Attachments
low preset setup.jpg
nico

Post by nico »

thank's!!! :mrgreen:

i've tested your valure...are fast but i think my problem are the texturing.... :shock: your material are very luminouse and contrast... :twisted:
jnom

Post by jnom »

jdomingo wrote:Hi Nico,

thanks, it is pretty much "low preset setting' whenever i am doing test render. please find attache screen grab of my low preset setup. there could be a lot better setup out there by the experts but i am happy with this one. try experimenting till you get what you are happy with.
How are you removing the noise from uncache method? I get a lot of noise still even with high setting.
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

@jnom,
it has noise. cant really tell becaouse the house is white. as you can see on the metal fence, there are noise too. if i will do a high res image i change the FG min to 4000 then max 0, then command header "importancegammamultiplier 1 and just use "high" preset on "quality tab".