any news from kray world?

General disscusion about Kray
giacob

any news from kray world?

Post by giacob »

its months by now we dont read even a hint of a news about kray develpment, new featrues new fixes atc...
whats happening?
jure

Re: any news from kray world?

Post by jure »

Well we haven't made any proper news because we don't have any nice images to show you yet. I can tell you that Kray core went through a major update which will bring many new cool features including displacements and interactive rendering. There are lots of other improvements made to the core also which will help other developers get involved with Kray and port it to other applications.

The core is still in alpha and once we get it into beta you will all be informed. I know it's taking long time but like I said before, development is a creative process that cannot be forced.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Hi Jure,
Exr and improved alpha,matt support? I know I'm annoying about that :mrgreen:
Also I wonder if you guys considered improving the brute force method in kray. I've been using vray for some time now, but not for archi, and the combination of Irridiance caching and bruteforce seems like the only way to get clean animated(characters) gi correctly. Fprime, octane render do this bruteforce method as well.
The last time I tried uncached gi in kray it was slower than native lw and fprime.
Since kray had a core improvement I wonder if that would be improved too.
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:Hi Jure,
Exr and improved alpha,matt support? I know I'm annoying about that :mrgreen:
Also I wonder if you guys considered improving the brute force method in kray. I've been using vray for some time now, but not for archi, and the combination of Irridiance caching and bruteforce seems like the only way to get clean animated(characters) gi correctly. Fprime, octane render do this bruteforce method as well.
The last time I tried uncached gi in kray it was slower than native lw and fprime.
Since kray had a core improvement I wonder if that would be improved too.
Yes it will be improved, including alpha and matt support. Uncached was always faster that fprime or MC LW for me.. Maybe you should try again.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Hurray!!! I will be so happy with that addition.
Btw, if you guys have time can you check the lscript I posted in customer area regarding bnr.
I still can't get it to work and it would be really cool to just press a button IN layout and bnr picks up the scene automatically. :mrgreen:
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:... displacements and interactive rendering.
Awesome guys!
jure wrote:There are lots of other improvements made to the core also which will help other developers get involved with Kray and port it to other applications.
I hope this means quicker dev. for you guys.
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Just out of curiosity, has the news and slow development of Core hindered or played no part in the dev. of Kray?
Larry V

jure

Post by jure »

larry_g1s wrote:Just out of curiosity, has the news and slow development of Core hindered or played no part in the dev. of Kray?
No it's not affecting our development at all.
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Good, cause Core as we have known it is dead. :roll:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread ... ost1155617
I'm not happy and looking forward to seeing what other apps Kray is developed for. Maya and/or Modo are my other two votes (Maya preferably since that's where I do my animations in an it'd be nice to finish there).
Larry V

jure

Post by jure »

Yes we hope that new SDK will attract new developers to port it to other software.
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:Yes we hope that new SDK will attract new developers to port it to other software.
Just so I understand it correctly, you guys wouldn't be doing the port(s) yourselves, but allowing other devs to you the Kray SDK to port it to their package of choice? If this is the case, how will you attract such devs? Just curious.
Larry V

jure

Post by jure »

That is correct. We do not have resources to do the ports ourselves but with new SDK it will be very easy to port. We allready have some interest in our software so hopefully developers will recognize the potential of porting Kray to their software.
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:That is correct. We do not have resources to do the ports ourselves but with new SDK it will be very easy to port. We allready have some interest in our software so hopefully developers will recognize the potential of porting Kray to their software.
Totally understandable. I'm just glad Kray will have a chance to grow. Any particulars on who's interested that you can share?
Larry V

jure

Post by jure »

larry_g1s wrote:
jure wrote:That is correct. We do not have resources to do the ports ourselves but with new SDK it will be very easy to port. We allready have some interest in our software so hopefully developers will recognize the potential of porting Kray to their software.
Totally understandable. I'm just glad Kray will have a chance to grow. Any particulars on who's interested that you can share?
I'd rather not say anything right now.
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:
larry_g1s wrote:
I'd rather not say anything right now.
Poop. he he
Larry V