Is Lightwave Glow capable in Kray?

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
juniordebo

Is Lightwave Glow capable in Kray?

Post by juniordebo »

Trying to get Lightwave Glow to work in Kray. It is not working. Is Kray capable of rendering Lightwave Glow. I have found a workaround by messing with the diffuse and luminosity settings. Thanks.

Glen
jure

Re: Is Lightwave Glow capable in Kray?

Post by jure »

No you can not use LW post effects in kray. But glow is anyways better to be applied as post effect in photoshop...
- Jure
juniordebo

Post by juniordebo »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would normally do this in post but this is part of an animation. I will be creating Tracer rounds from a weapon. The Glow will be seen through a green haze. Think of a night vision scope that sees a heat source. The heat source is seen as a bright glow spot.

I have tried an alternate way of using a light and changing diffuse settings on the surface. I parent the light to the object and exclude all other objects. Surface settings change with different objects to get a nice glow type effect. Thanks.
jure

Post by jure »

I don't see a problem... Just use your favorite post program like After Effects...
If you don't have any post program you can load your rendered frames back to LW as a backdrop and use Corona filter to add Glow.
- Jure
thomas

Post by thomas »

Or make an action an do batch processing in Photoshop. Really, you shouldn't do glow in the final render. If it turns out too much in the render you need to do the whole animation render again, if it's wrong in postproduction you just adjust the parameter and rerender in seconds.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

What You need from Kray is SUPER CLEAN RENDER sometimes looking very poor/basic (as all people do on the Word :) ) . All post processing is adding after in AF or another software.
thomas

Post by thomas »

I agree. Always render clean. Post-process later!
juniordebo

Post by juniordebo »

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Went back and made a clean render of the scene. We kept everything grayscale with the textures so in post it would turn out nice when making it look like night vision. Used AE with different layers to achieve the bright spot feeling of something hot and bright while looking in a night scope.

I agree clean render was the way to go, thanks!
Glen