Archviz Training DVD - from Evermotion

General disscusion about Kray
larry_g1s

Archviz Training DVD - from Evermotion

Post by larry_g1s »

This is something I'd very very much like to see for LW/Kray. Descriptions is: MODELING AND TEXTURING - MATERIAL SETUP - ANIMATION - LIGHT SETUP - POST PRODUCTION - RENDERING IN V-RAY

I'm not concerned about is the modeling & animation, but I'd take material setup, light setup, and post production in Kray. I know of a couple guys on here (wink wink) who are very qualified for this.

http://vimeo.com/13696854
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
jure

Re: Archviz Training DVD - from Evermotion

Post by jure »

How many people you think would buy it?
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Not sure, my crystal ball is a bit fuzzy. he he
But seriously, it wouldn't have to be aimed at just arch. viz. Look how much VRay is being used more and more for non-arch. viz rendering. So I think the same concepts in that type of training would would go beyond just arch. viz. and help legitimize Kray on a broader scoop render for LW production.
Larry V

olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I'd like to pre-order a copy, please.. 8) Now, get busy!
Mac Pro 8-core 2.26GHz Mac OS 10.8.2
LightWave 3D 11, LWCAD 4.2, Kray 2.51
jure

Post by jure »

I think that you will be able to transfer most of the ideas from that tutorial to any other application, including LW+Kray. Sure every app can have it's own little secrets but general concepts should apply to all apps.

Here's a nice little tutorial I just found that shows some simple compositing stuff with max and photoshop but the same can be done with LW/Kray.

http://vimeo.com/16516678
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:I think that you will be able to transfer most of the ideas from that tutorial to any other application, including LW+Kray. Sure every app can have it's own little secrets but general concepts should apply to all apps.
You think even with material setup? You think the way they'll show how to setup Vray will help how to set up for Kray?
Larry V

jure

Post by jure »

larry_g1s wrote:
jure wrote:I think that you will be able to transfer most of the ideas from that tutorial to any other application, including LW+Kray. Sure every app can have it's own little secrets but general concepts should apply to all apps.
You think even with material setup? You think the way they'll show how to setup Vray will help how to set up for Kray?
Yes, definitely. Principles are all the same... It's just a matter how to "translate" it.
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:
larry_g1s wrote:
Yes, definitely. Principles are all the same... It's just a matter how to "translate" it.
Boooo!!! I want one specific for LW & Kray. Any other Kray masters want to take this on?
Larry V

Post by Guest »

Here's a nice little tutorial I just found that shows some simple compositing stuff with max and photoshop but the same can be done with LW/Kray.

http://vimeo.com/16516678
I also think so.

Post by larry_g1s »

Not having used Vray before, I can't say for certain, but I would image though Kray & Vray are very similiar in what they achieve, they are very different beasts as far as setting up and using the render engine. Each one is unique. Kray has it's own configurations, setup, extension, etc. I don't see how this will transfer over.
Larry V

jure

Post by jure »

larry_g1s wrote:Not having used Vray before, I can't say for certain, but I would image though Kray & Vray are very similiar in what they achieve, they are very different beasts as far as setting up and using the render engine. Each one is unique. Kray has it's own configurations, setup, extension, etc. I don't see how this will transfer over.
90% of how your image will look is down to proper material setup, lighting and modeling... Engine setup is really only important as far as getting rid of artifacts...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Kray doesn't need any tutorials, it does and I would help as much as I can to anyone that is willing to do it. I just don't have the time or resources to do it myself.
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

My points:
1. We don`t need next tutorial becouse it is many on the net, just google or good page
2. It is does not matter what kind of render we use (all works in the same way ) so we/you can read all tutorials....I suggest evermotion page.
3. Thats my important point: NOBODY share info how create HQ renders (it is only maybe 100 people total on the world which can use V-ray, Maxwell, Fryrender, Mental Ray in correct way...and maybe 10 which are the best....So for that You must search our own way how render perfectly, becouse nobody share information, a specially those 100 people.
4. Important also is that: all trick are welcome to receive the best effect.
5. My personal view: Kray works in the same way as V-ray (rules of "game" are exacly the same, exception are small not important points....)
6. I don`t belive in software which render perfect....for me 90% is talent (which I don`t belive :D becouse for me this does not exist , for me talent is just hard work and stubborn...) rest 10% is software...

ps
...ok maybe 5% from this 90% is talent (becouse some people are realy gifted) :wink:
pantarei

Post by pantarei »

Janusz Biela wrote:My points:
1. We don`t need next tutorial becouse it is many on the net, just google or good page
2. It is does not matter what kind of render we use (all works in the same way ) so we/you can read all tutorials....I suggest evermotion page.
3. Thats my important point: NOBODY share info how create HQ renders (it is only maybe 100 people total on the world which can use V-ray, Maxwell, Fryrender, Mental Ray in correct way...and maybe 10 which are the best....So for that You must search our own way how render perfectly, becouse nobody share information, a specially those 100 people.
4. Important also is that: all trick are welcome to receive the best effect.
5. My personal view: Kray works in the same way as V-ray (rules of "game" are exacly the same, exception are small not important points....)
6. I don`t belive in software which render perfect....for me 90% is talent (which I don`t belive :D becouse for me this does not exist , for me talent is just hard work and stubborn...) rest 10% is software...

ps
...ok maybe 5% from this 90% is talent (becouse some people are realy gifted) :wink:
I think Janusz here is telling pure truth.
maybe the only real lack of kray is displacment which is very use in 3d renders to save time and to go depth in some effects.
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

Janusz Biela wrote:for me talent is just hard work and stubborn...
I couldn't agree more! How many times have you met very intelligent well-informed people who are just, well - 'dull'.
And how many times have you encountered people with no qualifications or expert training who are just wonderful inspiring people?

For me, the most important things are enthusiasm, an enquiring mind, energy and a stubborn attitude in the face of problems. With just these attributes people can achieve truly amazing things.

Here is the proof.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I couldn't agree more! How many times have you met very intelligent well-informed people who are just, well - 'dull'.
And how many times have you encountered people with no qualifications or expert training who are just wonderful inspiring people?
Sorry but I don`t agree with this. My last post was not complete and I am sorry for that. I answered from position of people which have passion, withaout this word our conversation goes to nowhere...If You have passion (but not obsession!)....You have everythink.