installation troubles

General disscusion about Kray
bernakkio

installation troubles

Post by bernakkio »

I tried to install 2.1 demo version on my LW 9.5 64bit but it seems is not working at all; installation went fine and I can open Kray tabs normally, but, when I try to render a frame some error windows appear ("cannot aquire LW image list 6", "cannot aquire LW light info 5 ", "unknown command extrenderpick").
As I found out from troubleshooting section is probably due to a wrong version of Kray but I do not understand why since I correctly installed 64bit version for LW 9.5.
Rendering starts but from LW default preview and it's actually LW core rendering engine working not Kray engine; any settings from Kray tab is just ignored.
Anybody who can help me?
prometheus

Re: installation troubles

Post by prometheus »

Im having similar problems here with lightwave 9.6 on vista 32

the first errors I got was that when rendering frame it prompts old lwsc file and prompts that its kray 1.6 wich
might be due to 1.6 demo version earlier.
after clearing all plugins and installing again. I at least got it to render an empty scene, then when loading
the classroom sample I get similar errors you had..and then I cant render frame without getting the kray 1.6 prompt error again.

Michael
bernakkio

Post by bernakkio »

At least you got a render...I had installed 1.6 as you before but I'm pretty sure I already cleanded up every folder...I also used a registry cleaner hoping it could help but it's just useless. I even tried to install 2.1 for 32bit on LW 9.2 (32bit) but it doesn't load any plugin...no way even with 32bit...
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

still troubles here...no render..still gives 1.6 kray errors, and checking the edit plugin folder has the scene master lsc script marked with a star, and it prompts that it is located under plugins,lscripts,utilities,master....but theres nothing there.
I tried to add it manually but it prompts that it cant find it..then I just tried to change the extension to ls and that got it loading ..but still same 1,6 kray errors.

Michael
jure

Post by jure »

Please install LW 9.6 since Kray demo uses some LW 9.6 specific features.

About other problems: I think the problems are caused by old kray installation. Make sure you remove all Kray* files from LW plugins and also from disk. Then download and install demo version again and it should work. If not report back and I'll try to help you out.
- Jure
bernakkio

Post by bernakkio »

Thank you so much for your help! I just installed LW 9.6 and Kray is now working. I just hope there will not be any conflict due to LW 9.5...

Bernakkio
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

why 9.5? 9.5 is just some beta of 9.6 Newtek released because Siggraph (2008?) came up and they needed something to announce.
IF you really need it for some reason, you can run them side by side, just use a Configs dir inside your LW Programs subdir ( f.e.) and use -c<path to Configs> in the shortcut used to start LW and they will not interfere.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Well Im using lw 9.6 and have tried to remove all the plugins both manually and in plugin editor, but the problem remains, still giving
kray 1.6 prompt errors, I probably have to copy and paste the original configs to another location and then clear them to start with
fresh configs.

Michael
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Well clearing all configs didn´t help either, it´s weird thou..it automaticly seems to find a master kray plugin, thou it´s deleted both
manually and from edit plugins and even after clearing configs.

so can´t try this demo out as for now... :(

Lw 9.6 windows vista 32 bit.
jure

Post by jure »

prometheus wrote:Well clearing all configs didn´t help either, it´s weird thou..it automaticly seems to find a master kray plugin, thou it´s deleted both
manually and from edit plugins and even after clearing configs.

so can´t try this demo out as for now... :(

Lw 9.6 windows vista 32 bit.

Join Kray public chat and I can try helping you out "live", if you can...
- Jure
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Thanks Jure, but I got it working just recently.
when adding plugins from inside modeler, I could actually discover that there was a kray,ls file under plugins/lscripts/utilities/master
Weird thou, cause I did search through manually with explorer browser.

after removing that, and reinstalling it now works, so Ivé just tested one scene yet, looks promising and fast.
I got to check it with our gym machine scenes thou, might be a problem with imported geometry from solidworks, hope not thou.

Michael
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

prometheus wrote:Thanks Jure, but I got it working just recently.
when adding plugins from inside modeler, I could actually discover that there was a kray,ls file under plugins/lscripts/utilities/master
Weird thou, cause I did search through manually with explorer browser.

after removing that, and reinstalling it now works, so Ivé just tested one scene yet, looks promising and fast.
I got to check it with our gym machine scenes thou, might be a problem with imported geometry from solidworks, hope not thou.

Michael
kray supports rendering imported CAD with vertex normal maps even, I use modo to import SW files, maybe I can check it.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

argh...the kray 1.6 error prompt is back again, that is after working with other non kray scenes and shutting down and restarting
lightwave 9.6 again.

Im almost giving up on this, and sticking with lightwave renderer.

Michael
Attachments
kray error prompt.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

prometheus wrote:argh...the kray 1.6 error prompt is back again, that is after working with other non kray scenes and shutting down and restarting
lightwave 9.6 again.

Im almost giving up on this, and sticking with lightwave renderer.

Michael
Hi,

obviously you still have old plugins somewhere. I advice you to clean up your configs or uninstall LW completely, delete configs and reinstall it again.
- Jure
Alexos

Post by Alexos »

prometheus wrote:Well clearing all configs didn´t help either, it´s weird thou..it automaticly seems to find a master kray plugin, thou it´s deleted both manually and from edit plugins and even after clearing configs.
I had the same problem with another plug-in; turned out it was actually in a different folder (one of the endless 9.5 beta installs) which is why I couldn't find it using explorer search, but config still pointed to it. I suggest you turn "autoscan plug-ins" off in Layout general options; then go to "edit plug-ins", switch to "file" mode, find out where the various k-ray ones actually are, delete them from there, exit Layout, exit the Hub, physically delete the plug-ins from the appropriate folder, copy the "right" ones, launch layout and add them, exit again both from Layout and Hub (that should fix your cfg) and you should be set. At this point if everything works you can re-enable autoscan.

ADP.