I request a video to show how things work, like FPrime

General disscusion about Kray
olahaldor

I request a video to show how things work, like FPrime

Post by olahaldor »

I have yet to see Kray's interface. I have yet to see how someone would start from scratch and light a scene, figure out how to setup Kray and work through the process of making a nice render.

I might be "old school" but I'd like to see what I get, not only the results of what others achieve using the product. For all I know, Kray is command line based.

I don't know how the sales are, but I'm sure more people would get into this if they saw more of the interface and get a feeling of how to work with it.

Look at Worley. If it weren't for the videos of FPrime, I would never know what the heck I'd need it for.

Hope to see something soon. :)
Mac Pro 8-core 2.26GHz Mac OS 10.8.2
LightWave 3D 11, LWCAD 4.2, Kray 2.51
khan973

Re: I request a video to show how things work, like FPrime

Post by khan973 »

FPRIME was one of the first VPR, so it was a brand new way of working.
Kray is a render engine, so it works like a render engine. You have to understand the parameters.
But of course, a simple tutorial on how to do things helps, and there is one page dedicated to that purpose
http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Main_Page
So maybe I don't understand what you're asking for?
jure

Post by jure »

olahaldor wrote:I have yet to see Kray's interface. I have yet to see how someone would start from scratch and light a scene, figure out how to setup Kray and work through the process of making a nice render.

I might be "old school" but I'd like to see what I get, not only the results of what others achieve using the product. For all I know, Kray is command line based.

I don't know how the sales are, but I'm sure more people would get into this if they saw more of the interface and get a feeling of how to work with it.

Look at Worley. If it weren't for the videos of FPrime, I would never know what the heck I'd need it for.

Hope to see something soon. :)
Yes we are aware of the fact that there are not much video tutorials around. However with a little bit of searching you can find a couple:
http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Basic_K ... o_Tutorial
http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... c#p10632ls

I have a list of tutorials I want to do also and as soon as I get some free time again I will record them.
- Jure
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

Jure, these links are actually dead. Florian must have moved the videos.
jure

Post by jure »

bigstick wrote:Jure, these links are actually dead. Florian must have moved the videos.
oops. Will notify florian to fix them.
- Jure
matt gorner

Post by matt gorner »

This is something I plan on doing, just trying to find the time. But don't expect renders like Johny Quick's right out of the box!
bigstick

Post by bigstick »

Matt, as long as they explain things well enough, and they up to your usual standard, I'm sure they will be awesome!
mattgorner

Post by mattgorner »

bigstick wrote:Matt, as long as they explain things well enough, and they up to your usual standard, I'm sure they will be awesome!
Awwww, thanks Big Stick! :)