Physical Sky settings!

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
jaxtone

Physical Sky settings!

Post by jaxtone »

I have now deleted the old version of Kray and re-installed it but the "Kray Physical Sky" module resets to null as soon as I exit Lightwave even if I have saved both the scene and all object settings. So it would be a lot easier if the "Kray Physical Sky" module had a tag for saving your own settings, but these are really hard to find...

Where can I save settings in the "Kray Physical Sky" module?
erwin zwart

Re: Physical Sky settings!

Post by erwin zwart »

jaxtone wrote:Where can I save settings in the "Kray Physical Sky" module?
this is a brandnew plugin and may generate feature requests, but I do not understand why you would want to save settings right now. The thing that everything loads back as 0 is not normal behaviour.
When you load my LWS with your house, do you get 0 for exposure there too?
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

The strange thing is that one time it loads with Exposure "1.0", next time with Exposure "0.0" and another with Exposure "1.5"! Thats why I would like to save presets! To avoid typing in my prefered digits each time I start Lightwave.

I thought the "Kray Physical Sky" module could remember which settings it had after the traditional Lightwave command "save all objects" before "save scene" and quit Lightwave! But apperantly not! Strange this is for sure!
Erwin Zwart wrote: This is a brandnew plugin and may generate feature requests, but I do not understand why you would want to save settings right now. The thing that everything loads back as 0 is not normal behaviour. When you load my LWS with your house, do you get 0 for exposure there too?
mattgorner

Post by mattgorner »

The Physical Sky plugin (like most of the Kray plugins) is a Master Script. Part of what Master Scripts do is to save their options whenever you save the scene, it's done automatically. If it is losing settings it's a bug. Not sure if you have the version that was removing any decimals from some of the settings, but that has been fixed.
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

Maybe this is a stupid question but where is it announced when a bugfree version is updated and ready for download?

I downloaded and installed a new version about three days ago, but haven´t red anything about a newer version. Is there a special place where this is announced?
MattGorner wrote:The Physical Sky plugin (like most of the Kray plugins) is a Master Script. Part of what Master Scripts do is to save their options whenever you save the scene, it's done automatically. If it is losing settings it's a bug. Not sure if you have the version that was removing any decimals from some of the settings, but that has been fixed.
Leftover

Post by Leftover »

Not sure if you have the version that was removing any decimals from some of the settings, but that has been fixed.
Do you mean new version of Lightwave? or new version of Physical Sky script?