Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
albertos2008

butterfly net render

Post by albertos2008 »

hi to all....
I'm trying to setup a little farm with BNR
everything works... networks path are ok.. frames are well saved
but..

I've selected kray as renderer, but the output isn't from kray but from lightwave renderer
so I've tried to load the scene and I've pressed F9... kray window open.. but lightwave render appear!.. very strange

anyone knows?

thanks

Alberto
albertos2008

Re: butterfly net render

Post by albertos2008 »

ok I reply by myself...
I've restarted LW and the problem fix... a little bug I think...
joreldraw

Post by joreldraw »

You can select Kray or Lightwave in LW Render Tab
Attachments
RenderTab.JPG
albertos2008

Post by albertos2008 »

ok, now everything works...
but I've see that kray buffers arent supported by BNR.. is that true?
jure

Post by jure »

albertos2008 wrote:ok, now everything works...
but I've see that kray buffers arent supported by BNR.. is that true?
Yes. But there is workaround. Read here:
http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Advance ... outputtolw
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

How to configure kray to run with bnr? I'm testing out trialversion.
I have a test scene that renders ok in bnr using lw render. If I switch to kray render I get error in bnr. Two pc only and lw on bnr is good.

renders ok with lw

I save scene with this setting. Also tried kray imagesaver ON,lw Save rgb OFF. Also tried both ON. Also tried outputtlw 1 tailer command. Still get error.

some error I dont understand if I choose kray render
jure

Post by jure »

Make sure that your kray plugins in BNR are the same version as the ones in LW.
To check error message details click on node and open trace logs. Check what it says there...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

I did a reinstall of a fresh lightwave and bnr. And only installed kray on that with its own config files. It still works with lw only.
And I tried to render with controller and node in the same pc but there's still the same error.

12-06 [23:49:01] RenderNode:PCQUADVISTA-PC01 - Frame(0) not found! - Scene=scenek - \\Pcquadvista-pc\i\Krender\frames\
- - Check Paths

The paths are correct and renders if I choose lw renderer. But that comes out if I choose kray. Do I need to set anything in kray? Which is the best network renderer for kray?
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:I did a reinstall of a fresh lightwave and bnr. And only installed kray on that with its own config files. It still works with lw only.
And I tried to render with controller and node in the same pc but there's still the same error.

12-06 [23:49:01] RenderNode:PCQUADVISTA-PC01 - Frame(0) not found! - Scene=scenek - \\Pcquadvista-pc\i\Krender\frames\
- - Check Paths

The paths are correct and renders if I choose lw renderer. But that comes out if I choose kray. Do I need to set anything in kray? Which is the best network renderer for kray?
If it works with LW it should work with Kray. Only thing you need to do is to select Kray renderer in render globabls (this is done automatically by default when you press render in Kray GUI so it shouldn't be the problem there).
Most of the time problem is that BNR cannot find Kray plugin... Without seeing logs it's hard to say...

Best network controller is BNR from my experiences.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Thanks jure :mrgreen: , the developer of bnr says he will be adding more features for kray users. Hopefully soon.
I will try again. There's no tracer logs being made or lwsn logs. Wierd. I will test on a different pc and a fresh install again.
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

if there are no logs, it can mean 2 things, kray does not render at all on your setup or kray crashes on your scene before it starts logging. But then you should have a loadscene log of LWSN that shows it did load the scene succesfully.
I can solve this, but I need more info. Maybe you can come to the Skype public chat channel and share your screen to me.
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

erwin zwart wrote:if there are no logs, it can mean 2 things, kray does not render at all on your setup or kray crashes on your scene before it starts logging. But then you should have a loadscene log of LWSN that shows it did load the scene succesfully.
I can solve this, but I need more info. Maybe you can come to the Skype public chat channel and share your screen to me.
ok thank you. I'll try to setup skype if I can. I dont know how to use it :mrgreen: . Where's the skype public chat channel?
I'm also in contact with the developer. Hopefully he will add kray custom features.
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

try this link to get to Skype kray chat:

[url]skype:?chat&blob=TJttaYz9UJd91yiComspUdfKOsuW9bPk2NVADpr-E_BmAqSCinPZ0aW0Rut8EhxBJsqNqYr5kr_Fvid7W195GVTKLwO3SmESBoUNBUv8cOuULKeqmM3sj3sFkbtWGh4t69skml0AJixequudutFuLfvo4GS6HHrjF8UzoMqOZhCGP8kCDspGx_PBj38Q3L9Td211xw[/url]

I have been using BNR for many many years and did test many kray beta's on my BNR farm. Before LW 9.6 the only way to do this was with Sensei's VirtualRender plugin. This was all done in close cooperation with Paul Lord.
You can send a test scene that fails for you to me and I can see if there is some other problem than a wrongly configured BNR install. That way we can rule out a scene specific error.
One thing that come to my mind is that you maybe use a checkmark in BNR LW settings that deletes all masterplugins, that will remove kray too from LWS.
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Yes i remember that checkmark for removing masterplugins. It was checked. I can't find it anymore. I think that could be it. :lol:
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

Options/Configure/Configure Platforms, that should bring you to the "LightWave Windows Setup..." tab and then right column at the top.
I asked Paul an option to exclude kray from this switch.
This switch is mainly made to strip the LWS from masterplugins like Spreadsheet Editor which can crash LWSN in certain cases.
Uncheck it, I will add this little quirk to the wiki as well.