Kray RC5 released

General disscusion about Kray
jure

Kray RC5 released

Post by jure »

Hi,

I know I have said this before but this should now really be the last in the row of Release Candidates. We feel that the software is now stable enough that can be released to the general public. Please test it thoroughly to make sure that we did not miss anything. There may be some minor changes to the GUI before it goes gold though since some users have expressed some wishes about this.

Two new tools have been added:
  • Kray Tonamap Blend: allows blending of two tonemappers together. Very handy tool that can produce some very nice results
  • Kray PhySky: you have probably allready heard the talks about it on this forum and so here it is. Kray physical sky and sun... It is very easy to work with and produces very nice results.
Of course we have fixed many bugs and we are happy to say that Mac multi-core issues have been fixed also.

Of course our work does not stop here. We are putting finishing touches on the new website which should help to give a more professional look to the software that surely deserves it. There will also be a material repository where all of you will be able to share and exchange Kray materials.

Thanks for your support and keep rendering!
- Jure
khan973_forum

Re: Kray RC5 released

Post by khan973_forum »

wow! amazing news!
Going hope right now, I'm gonna spend a Kray night.
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Thanks for the heads up.
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
nico

Post by nico »

yeahhhhh
kray rulez!!!! :mrgreen:
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Hey Jure, is there a way yet, or will there be for final release to have something like a .png to have an alpha/transparent background with it?
Larry V

_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

Larry, that is possible..

Add Kray buffers to the master plugin list and just check Alpha, and you should be good to go.

Congrats to the team for another excellent release !
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

So the .png itself doesn't have the transparent bg like fprime or LW's native, I'd have to save a buffer with Kray?
Larry V

joreldraw

Post by joreldraw »

yeeeah

Great job ... go to test with this physky now!!!
khan973_forum

Post by khan973_forum »

Physy Sky works lika a charm.
At first I was looking for intensity but I got it. my attempts with volumetrics come out black, I'll keep experimenting.
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

Larry_g1s wrote:So the .png itself doesn't have the transparent bg like fprime or LW's native, I'd have to save a buffer with Kray?

Yes, use PNGA and it will have the alpha channel in it
Attachments
screenshot1.jpg
khan973_forum

Post by khan973_forum »

I found one thing confusing, Is that when you use Kray ToneMap Blending plugin and the Tonemap in the Kray options, you don't know which one will be used...
I think that from the moment you activate the ToneMap Blending plugin, the options should be greyed in the main Options so people don't get confused.
jure

Post by jure »

khan973 wrote:I found one thing confusing, Is that when you use Kray ToneMap Blending plugin and the Tonemap in the Kray options, you don't know which one will be used...
I think that from the moment you activate the ToneMap Blending plugin, the options should be greyed in the main Options so people don't get confused.
Both are used acctualy. This is why I added a note into the manual "Make sure you turn tonemapping in Kray General tab to "Linear". Otherwise this plugin will be adding tone mapper on top of the one from the general tab. "
- Jure
brownie

Post by brownie »

I have the impression that my renders has more contrast with same settings; I'll see further if it's the case with all my scenes.

Did you change something in the renderer engine itself? (Especially on Mac version)
jure

Post by jure »

brownie wrote:I have the impression that my renders has more contrast with same settings; I'll see further if it's the case with all my scenes.

Did you change something in the renderer engine itself? (Especially on Mac version)
No. The renders should look the same. Unless you are using new tonemap plugin...
- Jure
vpii

Post by vpii »

jure wrote:
brownie wrote:I have the impression that my renders has more contrast with same settings; I'll see further if it's the case with all my scenes.

No. The renders should look the same. Unless you are using new tonemap plugin...
I loaded a scene with rc4 then in rc5 and rc5 was darker and more contrast. I did not change any settings just loaded. Unless I am missing something the new version gives different results then rc4.