coupe test renders

Please post finished works here.
jure

Re: coupe test renders

Post by jure »

ingo wrote: (What the heck is the sense behind those annoying questions everytime one logs in into the forum ??) :evil:
eeem sorry about that... I had to add spam-bot check because there were spammers appearing. It shouldn't pop up every time though unless you are accessing from different IP's.
- Jure
done

Post by done »

Then I add KrayQuickLWF master plugin , set Parameter to 2.2 and check Affect textures. So all image maps and color values will be converted from 2.2 gamma to 1.0 gamma (which is equal to applying 0.45 gamma to images), It will help to keep saturation and contrast of final render.
I just wanted to add something regarding the LWF part of the workflow, its not a confirmed 100% but its the assumption i am working in. Maybe someone can correct me/confirm?
It seems as far as image loaders go, PNG image loader in LW corrects the gamma of the incoming image (PNG should have gamma info encoded, usually its there), i converted most of my textures to be PNG. It seems the PNG loader is an exception in this manner.

Also, sunsky plugin seems to be a linear image upon generation, you can control it trough the correction tab in the plugin interface. This just leaves the light colours and picked material colours, for the latter you could use SG color picker (which i dont bother with), so that leaves krayquicklwf ticked just for the lights.

Also, not quite related, PNG images are more friendly towards memory, although bigger on disk, PNG images can be just 8bit as opposed to say JPEGs that are allways loaded as 24bits. Most textures are built from 8bit image data anyway, highres + highbit eats your RAM really quick... optimizing textures goes a long way saving it.
jure

Post by jure »

iblagdan wrote:
Then I add KrayQuickLWF master plugin , set Parameter to 2.2 and check Affect textures. So all image maps and color values will be converted from 2.2 gamma to 1.0 gamma (which is equal to applying 0.45 gamma to images), It will help to keep saturation and contrast of final render.
I just wanted to add something regarding the LWF part of the workflow, its not a confirmed 100% but its the assumption i am working in. Maybe someone can correct me/confirm?
It seems as far as image loaders go, PNG image loader in LW corrects the gamma of the incoming image (PNG should have gamma info encoded, usually its there), i converted most of my textures to be PNG. It seems the PNG loader is an exception in this manner.

Also, sunsky plugin seems to be a linear image upon generation, you can control it trough the correction tab in the plugin interface. This just leaves the light colours and picked material colours, for the latter you could use SG color picker (which i dont bother with), so that leaves krayquicklwf ticked just for the lights.

Also, not quite related, PNG images are more friendly towards memory, although bigger on disk, PNG images can be just 8bit as opposed to say JPEGs that are allways loaded as 24bits. Most textures are built from 8bit image data anyway, highres + highbit eats your RAM really quick... optimizing textures goes a long way saving it.
The images (textures) you view on your monitor need to have 2.2 gamma applied to appear correctly. In LW you can see them correctly therefore for rendering in kray render in order to see them like you want you can either leave gamma at 1.0 and don't use QLWF plugin or use QLWF plugin (affect textures) and adjust gamma accordingly.

The same goes for colors, lights, backdrop....
Always look at it this way: if image looks good in LW native rendering (which has no gamma correction applied during rendering) then it will look OK only if u use Linear in Kray also. But if you want to use 2.2 gamma in kray (and you want to use it to get good gradient in shadows) then you must apply QLWF plugin to compensate for the change in gamma.

I hope this makes it clear...
- Jure
done

Post by done »

Yes, i was getting some weird results with PNGs... using 2.2 output gamma in kray and quickLWF plugin in the manner you described with PNGs does get you darker textures in the render than one would expect. Usually boosting up their gamma values in the image editor sorts them out, like it was mentioned here ... this is just a possible explanation for that :)
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

Johny_quick wrote:I hope last renders from forum mean new age for Kray...we must out of the shadow....
I agree, congrats to all the people behind these great renders.

Maybe we need to start posting in non-kray forums as well, the NT forums for starters would get some attention I think

Matt -
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Leftover...you killed it bro. Those are absolutely amazing. I'm doing a quick post, but will be looking forward to reading this thread. Killer work.
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
done

Post by done »

To reveal small details on some objects, like carving and recessing on doors, moldings, seams between drawers and so on, instead of cranking FG settings up im using IFW Occlusion node with sample number 10-12, Distance 0.1 and Dither Disabled.
I was just wondering, any reason to use this instead of the built in occlusion nodes? I dont have access to the IFW nodes so i was wondering if it was something worth looking into?
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

very good example that art thrives in economic downturns.
Maybe this year I can improve a lot too ;)
Leftover

Post by Leftover »

done
I was just wondering, any reason to use this instead of the built in occlusion nodes? I dont have access to the IFW nodes so i was wondering if it was something worth looking into?
I think there's no big reason to use IFW occlusion, i just found out it renders faster when "Dissolve" disabled. It works like if many lightsources light from all directions,thus it doesnt generate noise. As for rest of nodes, if you prefer making procedural textures over image maps they will come very handy.
Leftover

Post by Leftover »

Erwin Zwart
very good example that art thrives in economic downturns.
Maybe this year I can improve a lot too ;)
:):)
Yes, i have Kray for more than a half of year, but never had enough of time to put hand on it until recently...
nico

Post by nico »

hi Leftover, today i've re see your work.
so i'he study a system to render perfect work as you but is not possible obtain it.

the render with table and chair have a setup as photographic study? there are other light source after sun and area at windows?

i think you have used a backlight system in your interior but i don't understand where are it!!!

can you help me?
Attachments
prova_2.jpg
mathewlp_forum

Post by mathewlp_forum »

Hello
Ok this can be interesting maybe we could help
will you share your're scene & object files plz
I used to love Fprime....
....until the day I found Kray :D
nico

Post by nico »

mathewlp wrote:Hello
Ok this can be interesting maybe we could help
will you share your're scene & object files plz
this is the scene, but please post the result and setup so i can study it

download it from rapidshare 10 times
http://rapidshare.com/files/226374148/t ... e.zip.html

the texture for skydome is this
http://www.kraytracing.com/new/distribu ... &mode=view

you can use your texture for other object :D
mathewlp_forum

Post by mathewlp_forum »

Lumi ball 100% lumi with gradient texture, Sun beige colour with POWER 5 PHOTONS 500
Area light windows POWER 5 PHOTON 500 Inv. Dist 5m, colour light blue-white
20 bounces light recurse 20 irradianceblurgamma 0.3
Exponential 2.2, 1
spatial tolerence 0.01
Desaturate Shader on the floor 50%, 1, Diffuse 75%, reflection 15%
Power in Kray setup PHOTONS TAB 0.5
AA Hight preset
NO SPECULAR
Maybe have to increse PhotonNumberMultiplier for area
I kept this dark color for wood don't know excactly the color u wanted...
No post proc in PS
Attachments
Same render + PS
Same render + PS
_00001.jpg
I used to love Fprime....
....until the day I found Kray :D
talats

Post by talats »

Hi guys

In the same scene I have a some problems... to be sincer, I have the same problem in every rendering I do with Kray...

Anyway, in this case the problem concern the floor... I did apply to the floor a parquet texture... In the final render the color of the floor affect the entire image and so I have a predominance of red/yellow (in other word, of orange). I tried to change the saturation of the texture by the "edit panel" and my render work better... but the surface of the floor lose the color intensity and now result too bright... But I need it in the original color...
what can I do?