VirtualRender v1.6 has been released!

General disscusion about Kray
TrueArt Support

VirtualRender v1.6 has been released!

Post by TrueArt Support »

VirtualRender http://virtualrender.trueart.eu is yet another LightWave renderer. The difference from other solutions is that it does not use physical memory for framebuffer allowing to render the biggest imaginable scenes without using virtual memory, which slow down rendering a lot, or which immediately result in complete failure at initialization stage. That's why it's called "virtual" - rendered regions are saved immediately to hard disk without unnecessary taking memory during rendering rest of image.

Gallery http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Director ... er#Gallery

VirtualRender is the first LightWave bucket renderer that splits framebuffer to small, user definable size regions. Each render node in your renderfarm now can work on the same frame of image telling other nodes which regions are in progress and which are rendered, and at the end there is done composition of all rendered regions into one with unlimited resolution, limitted only by available hard disk space. We were successfully rendering scenes with dual ScreamerNet setup on single machine which was taking 110 MB each node, 220 MB both, at resolution 16384x16384. LightWave renderer even failed to initialize. At 640x480 this scene was eating 800 MB of memory.

Features:

* render any resolution images, limitted only by available space of your hard disk.
* using complete renderfarm power into rendering complex single test frame quicker than traditional F9. Use your renderfarm also in production instead of just final animation render!
* saving memory usage, reducing pagefile swap and rendering quicker.
* rendering scenes that normally failed to init due to lack of memory.
* rendering can be break and resumed at later time. As long as, scene is untouched and control folder was not flushed.
* supporting volumetrics like HyperVoxels.
* does not support pixel-filters and image-filters due to LW SDK limits. For the same reason as other 3rd party renderers.
* working with ScreamerNet renderfarms, couple Layout instances on single or couple machines, or other LWSN based render controllers, such as ButterflyNetRender.
* supporting external renderers. Currently it supports Kray. Added in v1.5.

Each yellow field in preview area is different computer on Erwin's renderfarm (40 machines):
VirtualRender http://virtualrender.trueart.eu
Run Kray on your renderfarm in super hi-res!
3dworks

Re: VirtualRender v1.6 has been released!

Post by 3dworks »

so what are the new features compared to v. 1.5? OSX support?

markus
juice

Post by juice »

is this a payed update? ... and how to get the update?
juice

Post by juice »

I have just received the update email from Trueart. it is a free update :-)
juice

Post by juice »

@3dworks ,
I see you are from Berlin :-) if you dont have VirtualRender you can visit me in my studio, and have a try on it... I see the links in my email are only win32 and win64 downloads... but maybe TrueArt Support can give the precise answer on OSX...
pixym

Post by pixym »

Can somebody tell me if it supports HD instance?
Really please.
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
Haven1000

Post by Haven1000 »

pixym wrote:Can somebody tell me if it supports HD instance?
Really please.
Kray does not "officially" support HDI 'yet' (but it is on the roadmap somewhere). The internal beta team were just as surprised as everyone else when Kray all of a sudden started to render out HDI scene's as there has been no focus in the development with HDI (if there was G had been doing it secretly :evil: )

But logically there is no reason to why HDI should not render on VR, no one has tried yet so there is still a possibility that it wont.

Hope this helps.
"Place your vote now for the Kraydar pixel filter"