Interior Church using new Pro Arch vol1 info

Please post finished works here.
larry_g1s

Interior Church using new Pro Arch vol1 info

Post by larry_g1s »

This is a recent project we've completed. This is the 1st project using the new OB8 with LightPortals, as well as help from the new Professional Archviz vol 1 pack. I definitely learned a great deal from it, an it seemed with the new settings that the render time dropped. The full resolution of this was 4800x2400 and it rendered in about 45 minutes on a quad core processor.

Photoshop was used for post on the glow effects.
Attachments
Genesis One_Church Interior.jpg
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
slipknot66

Post by slipknot66 »

Nice.
But if you are using Gamma 2.2 (Linear workflow) i suggest you to de-gamma your textures.
Theres a plug in called SG_CCnode, where you can use to de-gamma your textures inside Lightwave.
In Maya with mental ray usually i use the gama node at 0,455, but in Lightwave with the SG_CCnode you can use diferente presets.
Heres the link to the plugins.
http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~goetsch/CCTools/

Theres even a color picker that put the colors in linear workspace on the fly.
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Great work Larry!

Of course the image is still a little flat in my eyes, as in empty... Maybe the cross detail in the front should be more visible some way, maybe different texturing on the cross than the back of it...

Maybe too much glow to my liking, it kinda flattens the image just a little, but it's good all in all (nice white colouring and good mood for church environment)
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Thanks for the comments everyone, I don't have the latest with me at home, so if I address some of these it'll have to wait till after the weekend.
Pheidian wrote:Great work Larry!

Of course the image is still a little flat in my eyes, as in empty... Maybe the cross detail in the front should be more visible some way, maybe different texturing on the cross than the back of it...

Maybe too much glow to my liking, it kinda flattens the image just a little, but it's good all in all (nice white coloring and good mood for church environment)
I appreciate you mentioning this. Pheidian actually mentioned this to me some time back, but sense I hadn't used it, I forgot about it. So thinks for the heads up again. Si what exactly does it do?
Pheidian wrote:Great work Larry!

Maybe too much glow to my liking, it kinda flattens the image just a little, but it's good all in all (nice white colouring and good mood for church environment)
Iain on the NT boards mentioned something similar about maybe too much glow. I can kind of see that too. I was definitely going for a bright look. I just like a bright airy feel for a place to praise the Lord, I may have over did it though, :lol:
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
phile_forum

Post by phile_forum »

It has a nice calm feel to it. Good to see a church filled with light!

On a technical note: the grain on the arches looks wrong. I suspect they would be made from at least four parts (two uprights & then two spans which would join at the apex). The uprights would probably have vertical grain for strength & ease of manufacture. The spans would have the grain aligned with the angle of the beam, for the same reasons.

I may sound like I'm nitpicking but it's amazing how details like that can enhance the realism.

Phil
Planet Indifferent - CGI by Phil Emery
http://www.planetindifferent.co.uk