Car render

Please post finished works here.
geo_n

Car render

Post by geo_n »

Ok after trying to undestand kray for two days. I conclude that I have to rethink rendering method for kray. :lol:
I think this is an ok result. I didn`t tweak materials from lw native which i really thought I would have to when using kray.

jure

Post by jure »

Cool! and it looks really nice too! :)
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Thanks. One problem I'm having is that I can't get white color to be white. It just turns into luminous object and emmits gi. Like that floor seems to be glowing. I see it in other work here, too.
Its material overbright same as vray. But there's way to turn it down but still get white material without looking overbright and emmiting gi.
jure

Post by jure »

Yeah white can easily get blown out if you use high diffuse setting. So lower your diffuse or use Exponential tone mapping...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

jure wrote:Yeah white can easily get blown out if you use high diffuse setting. So lower your diffuse or use Exponential tone mapping...
Ok I will try expontial. I remember in vray this made renders that were too desaturated. Good for archi exteriors but bad for car renders. I use rheinard.
jure

Post by jure »

To keep saturation with Exponential you have to tick "HSV" box next to it... This will keep saturations...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Ey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue with my monitor at home.

Which of these two looks more like the above post? I'm mainly having problem with gamma and brightness. I took these with a digicam.
A.office monitor

B.home monitor

Is it me or my monitor at home seems to be so high contrast. That's why I thought I was having overbight. There's no gray tone on the white floor on the home monitor compared to the office monitor.

I hope it somewhere in between the two or it means I can't take work at home.
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

I'm getting splotchy render on the floor if I use setting other than high. How can I reduce render time with good quality?

high setting but long render time.

splotchy medium setting half the render time
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Getting close to the render time vs quality that I like. This one rendered in 15 min and the quality is between the two renders I posted above but the render time is even less compared to the splotchy medium setting.

maybe someone with more kray experience can give some insight.
1.Putting caustics to 0 and autophotons turns caustics off?
2. Fg threshold to 0? min rays 5000 and max rays 0? what does it do?
3. Which has the most effect on splotchy shadows? photons or fg?

acidarrow

Post by acidarrow »

geo_n wrote: maybe someone with more kray experience can give some insight.
1.Putting caustics to 0 and autophotons turns caustics off?
2. Fg threshold to 0? min rays 5000 and max rays 0? what does it do?
3. Which has the most effect on splotchy shadows? photons or fg?
1. In theory, it should, unless testing proves otherwise. What was the behavior like when you did it?
2. This effectively makes every FG sample have 5000 rays.
3. Not sure, they both affect splotchiness.
mike1234

Re: Car render

Post by mike1234 »

geo_n wrote:Ok after trying to undestand kray for two days. I conclude that I have to rethink rendering method for kray. :lol:
I think this is an ok Luxury Car Hire New Zealand. I didn`t tweak materials from lw native which i really thought I would have to when using kray.

I think you should keep saturation with exponential you have to tick "HSV" box next to it.