Armchair Node test

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Armchair Node test

Post by Janusz Biela »

Maybe this is not interior but this small test represents my new updates in Node system:
- OrenNayar diffuse (of course this is just fake but I do not care if it`s work similar)
- Velvet (same information above)
- Fresnel with correction Ring
- BumpDropOff sytem for bump map
These additional`s of course in Full Auto Mode (no control needed)

Raw render:
studio_00000.png
thomas

Re: Armchair Node test

Post by thomas »

Wow, Janusz, that velvet look extremely nice! Very, very cool. Can't wait to see more of what you're working on.

I really liked the other stuff that you showed (with your "pre-processing" nodes) like the tripod lamp with the lens and the basketball. Very, very nice shading.
artattak

Post by artattak »

Excellent wood. And other materials. Soft and realistic.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

It looks good!
Fabian-Eshloraque

Post by Fabian-Eshloraque »

Hi Janusz,

How did you do the OrenNayar diffuse? Did you do it with curves? Or did you use the OrenNayar diffuse shader from lightwave as a input model?

Grtz!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Fabian-Eshloraque wrote:Hi Janusz,

How did you do the OrenNayar diffuse? Did you do it with curves? Or did you use the OrenNayar diffuse shader from lightwave as a input model?

Grtz!

Hey!
Good thinking! Yes I did with special curve which compensate Lambertian Diffuse model in LW.
Here theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oren%E2%8 ... ance_model

But this is not shader of course because in bright surfaces you override 100% diffuse and end up sometimes with 130% diffuse for bright surfaces. But there are some tricks how to reduce it.
Here pure RAW in Linear tone map (for information: Linear means no tone mapping and in this case this is very important for testing)
You can notice which one is with Oren:
OrenNayar00000.png
OrenNayar_D.png
Of course that type of diffuse model you can use only in specific surfaces which have micro bump: not reflected strong wood, wall, not reflected strong plastic, high blur plastic, concrete, fabric. Why also I added control 0-100% because some surfaces needs 100% of effect some only 20%.
OrenNayar from LW is not supported in Kray. I think is impossible to simulate this in Kray because this is diffuse model which should have influence for photon power and there is no communication between this Node and Core Kray. That system of diffuse must be done in Core.

I starting released that diffuse model is very important for rendering. It gives "flat" view of surface which in his case is very positive. Reduce also "raytracing feeling" from object.
This is not magic tool :lol: but it gives small boost for realism.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here other test:
Oren_RAW.png
Fabian-Eshloraque

Post by Fabian-Eshloraque »

Hi janusz,

This is great! I saw that diffuse model a while ago.

I guess you can tweak the values in the curves to match different diffuse models (lambert, phong, orennayar, etc...) Its all about the bezier spline of the nearest to 0.0 parameter. I just spend the night on the car shader, its also driven by curves.

And the cook torrance model works with kray. I used it allready in the carshader. Its a specular model, easy to use for finding the hotspot of spotlights.

But cool stuff!