Interior Denis test

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Interior Denis test

Post by Janusz Biela »

My first test of this full 3D models in Interior. Actually I am tired by clip maps (I hate really this PS post process) so slowly I try add this to renders as important option.

Fast Denis studio test with basic Nodes here
No control there but you can rotate object by holding left mouse button.

Here in action in two options with full setup in Nodes (in/out focus):
NEO_Denis_inDoF.png
NEO_Denis_outDoF.png
...of course Denis is setup in Nodes (cloths, shoes, skin, hair, etc, separately controlled)

PS
Chair on the right with new velvet Node updates, sofa with old.
ideart

Re: Interior Denis test

Post by ideart »

Nice looking but the eyes are always showing it's cgi unless a huge amount of work is put to them.
Actually in the studio environment it looks more photorealistic to my eyes than the one in the room, maybe to much sharpness?
The clothes on the other hand are looking fantastic.
sotto3d.com
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hahaha, this is great! :D

Yeah, the eyes could use a bit of work, but still, it's fantastic work and saves a lot of compositing work. Looking at the future, give it a bit of time and we will probably all be placing full 3D models of humans in our work in a year or two or three.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

ideart wrote:Nice looking but the eyes are always showing it's cgi unless a huge amount of work is put to them.
Actually in the studio environment it looks more photorealistic to my eyes than the one in the room, maybe to much sharpness?
The clothes on the other hand are looking fantastic.
To make good looking eyes you need this object separately and also special surfaces because human eye is very difficult to simulate. Slight differences between 3D and reality immediately are "visible" by human brain because human eyes are visible in real life almost non stop and everywhere so this part of body has very strong "example stamp" in our brain.
So making this better is unprofitable for Interiors/exteriors because it needs a lot time to make it and this is not Hollywood :wink:
Comparing to low poly humans or even worst: clip maps this is now the best solution for not animated 3D (correct GI, correct shadows, correct light).
I will try make it better with separate texture because in package doesn`t exist separately Alpha Mask for eyes.
Thanks for comments!

btw
Studio has strong reflection panels, this room very small visible Sky. Maybe why is less visible reflection.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Just put some sunglasses on the guy :)