room

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Re: room

Post by Janusz Biela »

injacphi wrote:I simply just don't understand.....
...sorry if I wrote something unclear. Please write your questions and I will try answer them immediately.
injacphi

Post by injacphi »

Hey Janusz, I what just a way to tell your work is unbelievable and I don't understand how you reach that level. I have downloaded all the free scenes in the forum depo, but the lighting part is always the most difficult part for me to decrypt.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Ah yes!
I think this is not about light(of course is important but not so much...I did not change anything in light system since a couple years)
The real key is in materials. I really push Nodes to the limits - it means a lot physical simulations inside:
- Fresnel
- diffuse reductions
- Albedo reduction
- reflection blur
- ani-reflection
- multiply reflections

Of course I do nothing with connection , I have just one "core" with all physics simulation for all surfaces. Rest are mixers and color tools before.
Great transport of light in Kray (I think one of the best from all render engines) allow us to go to simulations material without cheating. Sad think is, no body created that system (I just try invent something to push farther Kray because this engine really has a lot not uncover potential)
System which I created in the beginning with Jure over 4 years ago is getting better and better and what is really missing now is K3. Here in K2 are a lot problems with GI sampling (we know both about this: me and Grzegorz) In K2.x sampling is too slow and because of that also Anti aliasing. Area Lights from Lightwave are just simulated in Kray. This all parts will be fixed in K3: completely new Final Gathering and Photon Mapping, Kray Area Light (without noise and fast render), new Anti aliasing, new memory management, new LEM system, new Physky, etc.

Please keep this system:
- spherical LEM light with texture what I posted above (this old physky, drive me crazy!)
- Spot Light as Sun
- Area Lights or LEM lights in windows
- colors for lights from Kelvin spectrum (you have in LW): Area Lights in windows maximum blue, Sun ~4000-5000 K., lamps of course much warmer
and you should get this:
room_override_02.png
injacphi

Post by injacphi »

Can you share a scene with me with all you mentioned above?

When do you think K3 will be released?

philippe.jacques.studio@gmail.com

regards

Phil
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Indeed, sharing a scene with all the Kray 'secrets' to a balanced lighting would be a great help.
graflukas

Post by graflukas »

Impressive as always. Sharpness is what I like most in your renders.
I read somewhere that sharpnes is not photographic, (not photorealistic but photographic) but I like it.
If you know how to do sharp and clear render then you can go to any photographic style.
Balanced light of course is what you do perfectly. Is this pretty light&shadow
an alpha channel added to spot light or to planes in the windows?
By the way, I like fabric on this sofa and curtins in your past renders. Lovely :)
HD render shows many details; every row in furniture, even nice bump on books.
I know this is test scene, but in my opinion you should do quite good and considered interior,
to summarize your skills in one outstending and unquestionable photographic render :!:
artattak

Post by artattak »

Jak zwykle pierwsza klasa.
Kapitalnie zdeformowana narzuta, tekstura szkła pierwsza klasa, ale co najbardziej mnie że tak powiem urzekło to klimat kadru.
Nie wiem czy to zasługa genialnej faktury podłogi czy jakiś trick z światłem słonecznym i generowanym przez nie cieniem. Światło jest ciepłe i pięknie prześlizguje się po poszczególnych powierzchniach i kapitalnie rozprasza się na podłodze. Po za tym scena jest świetnie wyważona w stosunku świateł do cieni, widać subtelne zmiany tonacji, światło globalne, słoneczne i z lampki grają ze sobą.
Poprawną scenę potrafi zrobić wielu ale przemycić te smaczki tylko nieliczni.
universalpenman

Post by universalpenman »

Hey Januz you should do a tutorial or something let me know when you get one I'll pay no doubt of it, I haven't seen to many ppl doing this kind of work with LW, please let me know if you make one, I'll be waiting on your replay :)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

universalpenman wrote:Hey Januz you should do a tutorial or something let me know when you get one I'll pay no doubt of it, I haven't seen to many ppl doing this kind of work with LW, please let me know if you make one, I'll be waiting on your replay :)

Thanks, but this I will do in K3. There in engine k2.x are some limits with lights quality.
But more important is surfacing which must be done by Nodes. I point this non stop
Now in Lightwave we have two very good tools:
- old one, ee_grit Node (http://undo.fi/gritnode/)
- and I think this is new (build in LW, very important) Edge

Both closed problems with corners and edges surfaces improvements.
First I use for corners (for example walls, frame windows, etc) to vivid details:
corner.png
corner.png (110.24 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
This is fake occlusion shader so works fast and without problems.

second for dirt surfaces, my first surface with this:
edge.png
capture144.png
Up to K3 I will not do any tutorials.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here update in Nodes sub-forum:Edge/Corner