interior render Wip

Please post finished works here.
S0nny

Re: interior render Wip

Post by S0nny »

Janusz Biela wrote:
Because I use this non stop it this just matter of seconds to setup for me material without rendering (but this is normal when you use non stop same system - you just get use of it)
I tried a fast modded setup in some variations: wood, leather and chrome and it seems work very good (usually for this materials I use the Delta node or a more basic fresnel setup with some tweaking). It's a bit heavy to calculate, but my machine (i7 six core @4ghz) can handle it pretty well, even with the defalut lw engine. I need to look better at how the the normal to bump maps convertion works because seems to me that the normalize node require a different tone/contrast for the image source.
I have a question, is there a reason to use the spot normal + bump in the subtract node before the normalize? Because I tried to connect the bump directly to the normalize node and the bump effect does appear more stronger (but seems impossibile to change the final result with bump value, or other multipliers: 0% bump or 400% changes nothing).
Anyway, I will work in deep during this week (time permitting) because I need more time to experiment, I'll post some sample.
I do not use demo but should be differences between full version and demo version. Kray has almost 100% stability (apparently I can not crash it since half year)
In attachment my most common tone map.
Remember in Lightwave must be all in Linear mode in Kray General also Linear before when use blending Kray system.
Thank you Janusz, I tried resetting all the lights and the color space before activating kray (because I always use the sRGB in lw) and it worked. Of course I need to improve my knowledge of kray with a lot of experimentation, because is basically 0 :D , I tried an older version one year ago but I had no time to examine in depth the demo.
I'll try some basic scenes because for some specific works and high resolutions (like 5000x3500) I'll probably need a faster and better rendering engine than lw default.

p.s. sorry guys for the of topic, btw nice renders!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here Normalize Node.
- Bump control you can control only from blue connector and BUMP AMPLITUDE (it`s make bump in three dimensions instead of two).
- in image channel you can add whatever you want (grey scale map or colour map)
but you must remember not all diffuse maps are good for bump, many of them need separate texture.
- you can connect colour to colour Surface (so it will be one texture for two effects) or also use LUMA for reflection channel (then will be one texture still)
- sometimes one texture can be used for, Normal Bump Map, reflection, diffuse, blur map - it`s save a lot time!
- sometimes when bump map is not good you can increase BUMP AMPLITUDE up to 1000% (it`s happen when luma of texture has low range grey scale - is not "strong" dark or white colour)
- bump map need a lot experience to prepare - most of the time is not enough just put texture to bump channel
- This Node save a lot of Time! You do not need waste time for prepare special Normal Map.
- Normal Map is better then standard bump map but of course up to one level when only real displacement can help (K3 will have finally real displacement).
- this is basic Normal Map Node - most of the time I "inject" another Bump Map (to mix) - You can see it in my renders on the walls or ceiling.
- Last time I use Bum Drop Off effect - special curve for control bump effect which reduce bump depends from angle view (make better Anti Aliasing and reduce bad looking Moiré pattern)
Attachments
Normal_bump.rar
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
ScreenShot025.jpg
ScreenShot024.jpg
nico

Post by nico »

sorry for my question but i don't see difference from use node for normal map or bump in texture!!!why need use it in surface respect "old" system with bump? in my test the final effect it's identic!! :oops:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

nico wrote:sorry for my question but i don't see difference from use node for normal map or bump in texture!!!why need use it in surface respect "old" system with bump? in my test the final effect it's identic!! :oops:
Normal map is "three dimension" bump and is better visible in shadows area where doesn`t exist direct light (for example Sun). Also Normal Map looks more deep. Of course it is not big difference...or maybe it is because when I need really strong bump - only Normal Map helps me.