kray 3.0 preview

General disscusion about Kray
jnom

Re: kray 3.0 preview

Post by jnom »

Looking forward to the video. Is there no open beta yet?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jnom wrote:Looking forward to the video. Is there no open beta yet?
Beta start very soon. Grzegorz sent to us propositions and progress with connection to Lightwave - there are left some small parts to be connect (Physky2, more compatibility, support for Lumi, VPR with progressing render) After that we start officially Beta.
Today or tomorrow will post short video from VPR. Is not big deal now with this function...but is something revolutionary to tell about VPR and many other functions...it really will make you all Happy. I am very exited with new additionals (which we did not dreamed and mentioned half year ago!) because they are not just small cosmetic updates. Please wait for details in next post very soon :wink:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello!

Before watching this short video from Kray VPR please read this informations first:
- VPR has deactivated progressive scanning, so render engine tries to show instant quality render. Later it will be a progressive function that offers pixelation instead of lags during the camera moving (but not the noise! this will be explained in the next subject).
- VPR has deactivated Anti Aliasing - it will be added later
- we can use VPR immediately or just simple render in traditional way and also after that switch to VPR and travel in scene with camera

Now I will explain the real idea of VPR that exists in K3 (please consider this: we can not activate all functions now because as you know coding is very difficult and needs a lot of time and also we have more important things to do):

1. VPR will start render immediately after pressing render button (of course if you will choose this module and you will not you use the traditional render. That can be switched later to VPR without any problems and without starting from the beginning)

2. VPR will start from the FIRST phase of rendering: Photon Mapping (now this function is not activated) so this it will be seen in the first seconds:
- photons cells (or real photons position, it depends on what will be selected)
- if the user will do nothing in the first phase (no changing light, power, position of objects) then VPR will start the SECOND phase: final gathering (yes it will be Real Time Final Gathering !...of course with some limits because it is impossible to create full FG in real time...but Grzegorz is a GENIUS so we never know :D )

- We did not decide yet the moment of starting Anti Aliasing (it can be from the beginning of FG or it can be after whole FG samples render - then it will be just a matter of how good Anti aliasing you want. I think the SECOND idea would be better, Anti aliasing it is not so important in the beginning) It will be up to G. how deal with this.

- if you will change the position of light, power, colour, the position of object, then render engine MUST restart new Photon Map. But we know Kray is the fastest engine with this phase so it will be fast. Also maybe in future will be Multilight (Maxwell) but in ultra fast Final Gathering. I do not know it is possible but we never know what Grzegorz will improve :wink:

- Of course Path Tracing will be added as part of K3 VPR. There is very big chance not to use Path Tracing at all because new Final Gathering will be very close to QMC quality render (but without the noise) and we know that between QMC and Path Tracing in Kray it is a really small difference.

- It will be activated also the real time Tone Mapping (it is also deactivated for technical reasons of connecting K3 to LW). So after render or during it will change easily the exposure, gamma, blending and LWF.

The scene can be exported from LW K3 by special module to K3 executable so it will be possible to render scene without Lightwave. But there are limits for that:
- no Subpatches
- no LW background
- no Nodes
- no Instances (only Kray Instances)

Consider this thing also: K3 engine will be or it is in another software, but people who use Kray in Lightwave will be always ELITE because of the possibility and flexibility of Lightwave 3D.

The most important thing also is that, Kray 3.0 render directly from LW buffer memory, this is very important part of K3. It save we save time and memory (K2.x must all the time copy whole scene to his operation buffer).

....to be continued!

[youtube]qpKo6r7hX-Q[/youtube]
ideart

Post by ideart »

Great news, it seems K3 will be fantastic.

Multilight would be nice to be a future option.
sotto3d.com
jnom

Post by jnom »

Cool Janusz.
Is the vpr only on the kray render dialog? Not on the perp viewport, too?
I hope that controls would be following the movement of the camera viewport. Lw has easy cam controls so if kray can follow movement from viewport then show in kray render dialog then that's great.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jnom wrote:Cool Janusz.
Is the vpr only on the kray render dialog? Not on the perp viewport, too?
I hope that controls would be following the movement of the camera viewport. Lw has easy cam controls so if kray can follow movement from viewport then show in kray render dialog then that's great.
I think it is possible because K3 now follow everything what happen in Lightwave view port.
jnom

Post by jnom »

Are we there yet? :mrgreen:
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Maybe next year then.
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

djwaterman wrote:Maybe next year then.
:(
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

its good news ifd u say next years . we r in next years . so far . kray 3 need to be stuning for dat we need more time . i mean we most wait kray3 for long time . to have all things there ^^ :D . i have time to wait so no problem ^^ :lol: :mrgreen:

cause i want to see kray 3 killing Engine ^^ :idea:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

This is the progress of last pre beta version of Kray 3.0. All functions are connected except: Physky2, IES, Displacement, VPR progressive scan, Real Time Tone Map, Real Time Photon Mapping phase, new AA, new MB and some other small details.
I render it in Path Tracing because new engine of Final Gathering is not connected fully.
Time of render in bar info is not accurate (I think is bug or is not connected properly module for that - but this is detail and standard during connections)
This all was done in 2 months and person who knows what`s means coding knows how horribly fast it was done. It would be not possible without perfect documented Kray SDK and well done code of K3.
Soon new updates :wink:
Thank`s to erkerk for scene!
Attachments
K3.png
bdurgun

Post by bdurgun »

its looks great :D waiting new updates
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

realy like the video, any idea as to when we can expect a release to try ourself?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

keeejreeej wrote:realy like the video, any idea as to when we can expect a release to try ourself?
Kray 3 is almost done (I mentioned early missing is only IES lights, Luminescence Lights, Physky 2). Grzegorz is on vacation now. I think it will be soon last alpha release after that beta.
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

Janusz Biela wrote:
keeejreeej wrote:realy like the video, any idea as to when we can expect a release to try ourself?
Kray 3 is almost done (I mentioned early missing is only IES lights, Luminescence Lights, Physky 2). Grzegorz is on vacation now. I think it will be soon last alpha release after that beta.
Thx! :D