White Bathroom

Please post finished works here.
jonathlee

White Bathroom

Post by jonathlee »

Latest white bathroom render

2400px X 1400px 1hr 36 mins .....

Btw;
Can anyone please teach me how to create sharp edge shadow for the corner? Bcz most of my renders
Something like Ambient Occlusion effect, I know AO is not apart of realistic render, but I've been trying hard to achieve dark corner effect but not results....
Attachments
Bathroom_1.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: White Bathroom

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:Latest white bathroom render

2400px X 1400px 1hr 36 mins .....
What CPU? Because if it is Dual Xeon then time should be under 1h with QMC and HQ setup for this scene (!) This is not complicate scene to calculate...so maybe even under 30 min.
Can anyone please teach me how to create sharp edge shadow for the corner? Bcz most of my renders
Something like Ambient Occlusion effect, I know AO is not apart of realistic render, but I've been trying hard to achieve dark corner effect but not results....
This is very difficult question or maybe not.
The only system which offer this is Path Tracing or QMC system render.
Please forget about Ambient Occlusion (this is old technology in my opinion which support imperfections of render engines or bad set up. In real world it doesn`t exist same as specular effect) Of course OCC is popular now , especially in GPU renders (Octane) because without this you will never render scene with full Path Tracing system with minimum 5-8 bounce light system...it must be "cheated" by Occlusion and another systems. Personally I am fun of pure rendering and I never used OCC or specular.
The best pure system rendering is in Maxwell which I very admire but speed of it is a complete misunderstanding.
So solution for You: QMC with Photon Mapping :wink:
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

Thank you Janusz for the explanation.

I'm using single Xeon 2.6 quad. May it is because I have many glass surface (different layer with unseen by radiosity), now testing with QMC.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:Thank you Janusz for the explanation.

I'm using single Xeon 2.6 quad. May it is because I have many glass surface (different layer with unseen by radiosity), now testing with QMC.
...so this time is very good. In QMC you should get twice longer time render minimum but...
- with GI accuracy you almost near Path Tracing (remember Kray use extra Path Tracing photons to correct GI in corners)
- this is simple scene so it will be longer with QMC but from my tests I notice: with very heavy scenes it is much better use QMC because time render speed is almost the same so is no doubt to use this! (I talk about minimum 40 Area lights, over half Giga data scene, many instances) The amount of ray tracing calculations starting be very big and better is to switch to QMC.
- now is impossible avoid glass problem in Kray It must be recurse 12 ...We must wait for K3.0 for special shader. But reflection problem you can easy solve by Nodes and reducing there amount of recurse to maximum 3. It helps with bathroom tiles, sink metal (generally with opposite and high reflection surfaces)
- everything above will change for positive things in K3.0 :wink:
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

In terms of render time I found first render and second render (QMC), time is slightly longer with QMC. But the shadow seems to be better, plus I love noise. So, QMC works well, but need to spend more time to balance the settings.

The render took so long is because of the glass material (Fast Fresnel), camera was placed behind glass area.

Btw; the K3.0 shader for glass is using node? This is since I really have no experience in using Node.... :oops:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:In terms of render time I found first render and second render (QMC), time is slightly longer with QMC. But the shadow seems to be better
There is not "seems" :) it must be perfect because this is no interpolation method. Actually by extra Path Tracing photons is the same as in Maxwell (except small differences) If you want check render without Path Tracing just turn OFF Path Passes (set up to zero) Then you will see what it means no Path Tracing photons in scene...
plus I love noise. So, QMC works well, but need to spend more time to balance the settings.
The level which I use in FG tab is min/max 50/300. This is minimum. Later you can clean noise. Also then bigger image then better quality and easier to clean noise.
The render took so long is because of the glass material (Fast Fresnel), camera was placed behind glass area.
There is no compromise when we talk about quality :) Actually I am not sure is this Fast Fresnel works at all. Better use Nodes and avoid shaders from LW.
Btw; the K3.0 shader for glass is using node? This is since I really have no experience in using Node.... :oops:
It will be shader or directly from engine special part which better control physics of glass.
No Nodes = no good quality.