Physical Sky Sun Location

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
3dream

Physical Sky Sun Location

Post by 3dream »

Is there a way to add a motion modifier or something to a lightwave light that can be placed in the actual location for the Physical Sky sun location? For reference visually as well as possibly doing other things...ie. have a null/light for after effects reference for flare etc. during exchange.

I'm sure this is possible with a script or something, just would have to be able to reference the settings in the physky plugin and then apply that to an object/light.

Anyone want to tackle this? Maybe a KR3 feature?
Janusz Biela

Re: Physical Sky Sun Location

Post by Janusz Biela »

3dream wrote:Is there a way to add a motion modifier or something to a lightwave light that can be placed in the actual location for the Physical Sky sun location? For reference visually as well as possibly doing other things...ie. have a null/light for after effects reference for flare etc. during exchange.

I'm sure this is possible with a script or something, just would have to be able to reference the settings in the physky plugin and then apply that to an object/light.

Anyone want to tackle this? Maybe a KR3 feature?
In K2.x it is impossible right now to do it. The best trick now what I can offer is:
- turn OFF all heavy wire in scene editor (if scene is not heavy you do not need do it)
- turn Raytracing mode in Kray
- turn OFF AA in Kray
- you can also turn reflections in Lightwave
- press render to see position of Sun.

K3 - of course it will be probably connected (it is my idea) with default light in Layout - this light what you see when you start empty Layout. it will be default connected with Physky2 and automatically turned OFF from Layout as source of light. Because will be also VPR for Kray3 (is ready now) then setup Physky2 in Kray will take a couple of second counting from start null scene in Layout. There is also idea to connected this default light with SunSpot option (to get real position + possibilities of animation) Physk2 just will follow position of this script.
3dream

Post by 3dream »

Yea I thought of sunspot after I posted the message. You could setup the parameters to the same settings so that you could see what physky 's position is.

When you say physky will follow position, is there anything you have to do to "link" the two lights. Kray and LW? I'm guessing that sunspot light add's to the lighting in physky2 right now...from what I see.

KR3 sounds once again much improved in many areas. Can't wait!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

3dream wrote:Yea I thought of sunspot after I posted the message. You could setup the parameters to the same settings so that you could see what physky 's position is.

When you say physky will follow position, is there anything you have to do to "link" the two lights. Kray and LW? I'm guessing that sunspot light add's to the lighting in physky2 right now...from what I see.

KR3 sounds once again much improved in many areas. Can't wait!
In K2.x You can not link Physky Kray. It will be possible in K3.