Why is Kray Rendering Motion Blur

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
3dream

Why is Kray Rendering Motion Blur

Post by 3dream »

I have a camera with motion in Lightwave, I do not have motion blur turned on, on the camera in Lightwave. I do not see any features in Kray Options to have multiple pass motion blur. However I'm getting blur on objects that are moving close to the camera.

I do not want motion blur, I handle that in a post process for many reasons. Can this be turned off somehow, what am I doing wrong??? :(
Janusz Biela

Re: Why is Kray Rendering Motion Blur

Post by Janusz Biela »

To turn ON MB in Kray simple Turn ON in Camera tab Motion Effect/Motion Blur.
It works only with Full Screen AA in Kray (more passes - better quality)
There are not MB special buffers in Kray - it would be nice use it in post process.
In K3 will be special MB done by Kray (I think by vector motion so it will be less dependent from AA level). Now MB is just emulated from LW.
However I'm getting blur on objects that are moving close to the camera.
Maybe you have turned ON DoF?
3dream

Post by 3dream »

The thing is I DON'T want Motion Blur in Kray (It's great to be able to have it with such a simple checkbox), and I don't have MB or DOF turned on in Lightwave. I'm getting pass counts during Kray render depending on quality setting under sampling. Let me take some screen grabs of all important dialogs for proof....
Last edited by 3dream on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3dream

Post by 3dream »

Here is a screen grab of every dialog I think would be considered. Let me know if you think there is something somewhere else that could be causing this.
Attachments
krayblur.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Ups that`s interesting :lol:
Go to Master Plugin, remove all plugins. Save scene. Close LW.
Open scene and try again add Kray.
If this happen only in this scene then must be something wrong in lws file.
3dream

Post by 3dream »

ok, I've added a default camera with same settings and the motion blur is gone. I will try and re-track the steps so that if there is a bug through a certain process of changing camera types and settings that Kray is not understanding the bug can be fixed. Stay tuned.

Otherwise, Yes if Motion Blur is turned off in LW then KRAY does not do motion blur, which is what I wanted! :)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Sometimes Load Items from Scene can help if you do not want setup camera again or whole scene. problem all the time is in lws file (Kray or LW write wrong some informations I suspect)
3dream

Post by 3dream »

Yes I think so. Funny thing is Now I'm trying to re-trace steps and I can't get MB to work again! lol. This is an old scene I'm converting and testing from...so who knows.

Probably not a bug of sorts, just a glitch in the matrix! Thanks for pulling me away from the edge of the cliff...