node setup not rendering correctly ?

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
ZodiaQ

node setup not rendering correctly ?

Post by ZodiaQ »

I have setup a (fairly complex) node material that uses Part ID to assign different textures to each Part ID (with darken variation) and UV offset (driven by gradients). (btw i didn't connect the U offset as the textures are not tilable :) )
ScreenShot194.jpg
in Fprime it renders correctly but Kray render is very weird??
LW 11.5.1 Kray 2.51 Win7 x64
ScreenShot195.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: node setup not rendering correctly ?

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello!
Did you check also under native LW render engine? Because FPrime is not suported at all long time so it can be problem with FPrime (I doubt but it is possibility... )
I think it is problem with Kray but what bother me is that you used normal NODEs (no complicate shaders) and this should work well in Kray.
Try maybe achieve in another way random color/brightness and also share this surface - I will check it.
CHRIS.PI3

Post by CHRIS.PI3 »

Have you tried with earlier versions of LW?
interesting setup BTW.The ideal would be for randomly choosing an image from a set of images inside node editor.
I think that's what you would want.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Actually I gave up LW NODEs :wink: . I use them only as mathematical operators for keeping physical behaviour of surfaces. In this moment I have full auto diffuse/reflection/fresnel system + bump map transform Normal map + inverted blur + control separately color/texture independent from source....rest I do in FilterForge because is more flexible. Also I achieve point when NODEs in LW start be slow (a lot necessary extra calculations which must be done to get realistic surface - this can not be avoid ). FilterForge http://www.filterforge.com/filters/ offer me this what is missing in LW and in my opinion is the best solution for texturing/surfacing now.
I suggest jump to this software especially when you know LW NODEs (system is almost the same but offer much more possibilities )
Here my example, one of my texture from my package. Low Res test (FilerForge offer no limits for resolution, full support for seamless textures, all kinds of buffers)
Attachments
test.jpg
Filter.jpg
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

Thanks for the replies! Gonna take a look.
CHRIS.PI3

Post by CHRIS.PI3 »

Hi Janusz ,
your node diagram is too small to see.
if you could share your workflow it would be nice.
I had a look at IFX supreme (which is free) and it looks promising ,but hadn't got the time to look deeper.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

here, I tried connect it under PS. There is some small parts to fix (I need to change some cracks and splotches) :idea:
Attachments
ScreenShot077.jpg
CHRIS.PI3

Post by CHRIS.PI3 »

Thanks janusz ,
I still can't figure out what you are doing ...
Seems too complex...
jnom

Post by jnom »

CHRIS.PI3 wrote:Hi Janusz ,
your node diagram is too small to see.
if you could share your workflow it would be nice.
I had a look at IFX supreme (which is free) and it looks promising ,but hadn't got the time to look deeper.

IFX supreme seems not free but really cheap. Maybe someone can suggest that they copy some features filter forge. :wink:
They have a forum
http://www.braindistrict.com/en/ifx-supreme
CHRIS.PI3

Post by CHRIS.PI3 »

they had a limited time free offer.
Anyway I played with it today and it is very slow and unstable , not suitable for any serious work.
I guess filterforge is the way to go...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Imho FilterForge is the best CG software ever. Is very difficult to receive good effect...but also is fun :) Also offer almost 10.000 filters.
jnom

Post by jnom »

CHRIS.PI3 wrote:they had a limited time free offer.
Anyway I played with it today and it is very slow and unstable , not suitable for any serious work.
I guess filterforge is the way to go...
Filterforge is v4 I think. So its far more developed.
So if anyone has suggestions or even someone like januz who's a user of filterforge would make some request how to improve ifx I'm sure you will get a very cheap alternative to filterforge.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

About FilterForge, my observations:
1. Software is brilliant
2. Almost for free for this what it offer
3. Very difficult if somebody wants good result
4. Very stable (since one month it not crashed at all (V3)
5. almost 10.000 ready presets
6. If you want be professional there is no other way but to learn this software
7. Software need huge imagination
8. Software need really good hardware (i7 CPU minimum) because render Hi Res textures need sometimes minimum 5 minutes
9. Offer all buffers which are accurate according to the diffuse map (so bump map is in places where should be, reflection map is correct, clip/transparency accurate)
10. You do not need learn all nodes because this is almost impossible - is enough to know generally how it works (so you can copy/paste parts from another filter to achieve your idea)
11. I do not recommend it for people who never used Nodes.

Personally I found maybe 5-10 presets which are really High Quality. To make for example really professional texture floor you need take action in your hand because those filter which are available are not good (yes! is true, some people can tell me is not true ...but I talk about quality which is same or better then arroway textures).
So REAL HQ floor texture doesn't exist there because no body create good in my opinion.
Why I say that? because many simulations from PROCEDURAL Textures still are artificial and for that you need use real photos (and for that you must prepare them, use them in correct way in Filterforge, etc. so is really difficult for beginners)

I use this software because personally I like be independent: Models in LW done by me, Surfaces done by my, textures done by me :wink:
giacob

Post by giacob »

why instead of buying other software, not to render this node setup on a large plane surface in orthographic view at big resolution in lw, just saving the image and using it as a textur in kray or wathever software?
This node set up its very interesting.. could u share it?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

giacob wrote:why instead of buying other software, not to render this node setup on a large plane surface in orthographic view at big resolution in lw, just saving the image and using it as a textur in kray or wathever software?
This node set up its very interesting.. could u share it?
Just download demo version then you will have access to almost 10.000 ready filters
You can watch them how they are build, is very interesting.
Complicate Nodes can reduce speed of render dramatically ...so better is make floor in FilterForge then in LW NODE.