I use LW 8.3 right now.
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
tajino

Post by tajino »

still using 8.5
pixym

Post by pixym »

I would use 8.5 but I have a display bug in the modeler with my GFX card (Quadro FX 3500)
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
tajino

Post by tajino »

i had the display problem too, when there is transparency, work around select all trans poly, cut and paste to sort the order and it fixes the problem.

the only reason i use 8.5 is for the Pshop blending modes that i've requested for a long time and was implemented in that version. Pshop Multiply great for applying baked gi map, no need to fiddle with the texture gamma as needed prior to that.
Pavlov

Post by Pavlov »

Another info, if your obj has no layer, you can simply name the Nulls the same exact way of the object.
I.e. Ball is the object, just name "Ball" a null and it will be an instance.
Again, Instancing based on object's points - like HDinstance - is on to do list, so just a matrter of patience ;)

bye
Paolo
dalecampbelljr

Post by dalecampbelljr »

tajino wrote: anyway, i don't see any advantages of using lw9+ with kray at the moment, might even be a long moment.
hmm why is that?
Dale
pixym

Post by pixym »

Pavlov wrote:Another info, if your obj has no layer, you can simply name the Nulls the same exact way of the object.
I.e. Ball is the object, just name "Ball" a null and it will be an instance.
Again, Instancing based on object's points - like HDinstance - is on to do list, so just a matrter of patience ;)

bye
Paolo
Good news, Paolo
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
pixym

Post by pixym »

tajino wrote:i had the display problem too, when there is transparency, work around select all trans poly, cut and paste to sort the order and it fixes the problem.

the only reason i use 8.5 is for the Pshop blending modes that i've requested for a long time and was implemented in that version. Pshop Multiply great for applying baked gi map, no need to fiddle with the texture gamma as needed prior to that.
Thanks for the tip Tajino ;)
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
Pavlov

Post by Pavlov »

dunno if it has been mentioned, but like Fprime, Kray is very asensitive about how an object is displayed.
If you use bounding box od gyde, Kray wont see that obj at all; use at least Wireframe.
Dunno if this can explain clone not rendering up someone mentioned.

bye
Paolo
vashts

Post by vashts »

Pavlov wrote:If you use bounding box od gyde, Kray wont see that obj at all; use at least Wireframe.
are you sure? I have a scene with all objects in bounding box and it renders fine both in 1.612demo and 1.7 OB1..

vashts
pixym

Post by pixym »

Very strange...
My scenes do not render bounding box displayed objects in kray 1.7Oß1 (eh Obi Wan)
:D
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
robk

Post by robk »

I cna't get the null to show up.

The objects name was Chair and it had no layers.
I did the replace with null thing
changhed the nulls name to Chair
Rendered and then nothing?

what am I doing wrong?
dballesg_forum

Post by dballesg_forum »

Hi,

If I understood you well, you REPLACED you original Chair object with a Null? That it is why it is not working.

1.- Load your Chair object on Layout (no layers on it).
2.- Create a new Null (CTRL + N) and name it Chair.
3.- Move it so it is not over your chair.
4.- Render the frame in Kray.
5.- If you want more instances, simply Clone that null and move them.

Those are the steps I used to create instances and worked for me.

David
phile_forum

Post by phile_forum »

My workflow is to place all the original objects first (so I can see everything is arranged properly - chairs around a table for instance) then use the replace command to swap all but one of them for nulls, renaming appropriately as I go along so the name of the null matches the name of the original object.

Phil
Planet Indifferent - CGI by Phil Emery
http://www.planetindifferent.co.uk
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

phile wrote:My workflow is to place all the original objects first (so I can see everything is arranged properly - chairs around a table for instance) then use the replace command to swap all but one of them for nulls, renaming appropriately as I go along so the name of the null matches the name of the original object.

Phil
That is exactly how I use it too... would be nice to have a wireframe of the null, I know its hard to code from kray thought (affecting the layout view), or at least a bounding box (there might be a plugin for this though)

I usually replace all with instances once everything has been approved to render and I know that no elements will be repositioned