Kray interior anim test

Please post finished works here.
roger1972

Kray interior anim test

Post by roger1972 »

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/71809051[/vimeo]

Just a test-scene for optimizing kray rendering for interiors. rug posted in fusion six as a renderpass in Lightwave native renderer
medzo

Re: Kray interior anim test

Post by medzo »

Top work! And if this is just a test I cant wait for final animation :)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Great Work! Congratulation !
...I have too post soon something because I feel I loosing very fast lead :lol:
roger1972

Post by roger1972 »

I don't think so Janus :-D...

I've been working at this interior for optimizing interior lighting... A bit minimalistic in this scene, but next project would have a lot more furniture. But I'm happy with the rendertime. 10-12 min pr. frame. I got 10 rendernodes, so I could render about a minute pr day in this quality. without having to render the animation in passes and composite in fusion... The fur was rendered in 10 minutes total time.
nico

Post by nico »

good work roger!! 10/12min for frame is long render time!!think you can use bake system for < render time!! :mrgreen:
roger1972

Post by roger1972 »

I use QMC and DOF in the renders to get right contact shadows and no blotching... and to avoid a big GI file running around on my network while rendering... When i make a image for print I just load in my optimized settings and it's good to go as an animation ;-)

just need some more render-power :-D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

roger1972 wrote:
just need some more render-power :-D
...or one more tips: if You used QMC (for example 2000/2000) then you should use for carpet and leafs Shader QMC with 200/200 :wink: Then whole render is used by QMC 2000/2000 to get enough smooth but small object with lower quality (you will not see noise on carpet because fur is small and 200/200 is quite good for small objects)
Last time I am also fan of QMC and with saving Photon Map file option you can easy and without problem use it in network render or computers with different range of frames. I think time is very good and can be reduced by lower QMC setup and ID mask in After Effect for walls to reduce noise (on white color noise is more visible)
Also You can use HQ QMC for wall (also in Shader) but general setup in Kray with medium
...many possibilities :idea:
roger1972

Post by roger1972 »

I used 200/400 on FG, but the trick to get rid of the noise was using quasi random AA at full screen with DOF 20/50. The rest of the noise was killed with Neat Video in fusion. The carpet fur was hell, the AA was going trough the ceiling :-D... so i decided to bake radiosity in LW and post it in Eyeon Fusion...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

It can be done faster and easier but you need more knowledge about Kray...anyway this problem with sampling on complex and small objects will be fixed in K3. Also new AA will increase quality and speed render. Is important that carpet looks good (even comparing to some V-ray renders). Actually still I do not understand why people having very good tool for carpets in V-ray still render basic shapes with ugly final effect. Maybe is about long time render from this carpet shader?
roger1972

Post by roger1972 »

Carpets in Vray flicker too... I saw this vray interior made by aikos studio. And they posted the carpet to get it flicker-free...

If you look here, they did the same trick... look at the comments

http://vimeo.com/53327926
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Nıce work congrats :mrgreen:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

roger1972 wrote:Carpets in Vray flicker too... I saw this vray interior made by aikos studio. And they posted the carpet to get it flicker-free...

If you look here, they did the same trick... look at the comments

http://vimeo.com/53327926
only one way to render carpet without flickering is:
- render with QMC (long time render) but maybe they render with low QMC and after that by ID maps they use de-noise and blur filter I suggest it in Kray also.
- render with Final Gathering (in V-ray small sampling distance is much better then in Kray) but this affect big GI data in Share GI mode because a lot samples in fur.
- or they have kind of trick :idea:

Also I do not know how fast render Fur Generator in V-ray. I do not think so is fast, carpet is complex object which need a lot calculations. I think they use QMC render (very slow) and render farm :)
roger1972

Post by roger1972 »

I found out that qmc and renderfarm is the only slution if you are going to render hi quality renders for animation...
I have 10 I7 computers with 16gb memory too deal with it now, and I get a couple more soon...

my target is to render 1 minute hi quality movies pr. 24 hrs... without to much workarounds to get it work....
post-prod, baking and magic trix takes time :-) time is money ;-)
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I have to Agree, but your scene is pretty simple, not too many objects and not a lot of refraction reflection and reflection blur.
I'd like to see what results you get with much more complexe scenes.
Anyway, your render is really nice!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:I have to Agree, but your scene is pretty simple, not too many objects and not a lot of refraction reflection and reflection blur.
I'd like to see what results you get with much more complexe scenes.
Anyway, your render is really nice!
I agree. If we think about RENDERS in HQ then your time will rise around 2-3 times...and is not way render it fast. Complex objects textures and surfaces need a lot calculations (there is no way make fast...believe me doesn`t exist software or trick which allow you render fast with HQ).
I am during of creation system Nodes for selling (ultra quality surfacing with physic behavior) of course with easy control (you will not need to know NODEs) + tutorials + HQ textures (better then my you will not find on the web, high resolution, seamless, most wanted, looseness compression, complete additional maps for reflection, bump, clip map ) done by me.
Also I will release whole system for post processing in After Effect + tutorials (DoF, flares, ID map, easy composition , post process, compression to final effect, etc) . Both packets will be really professional, unique and complete with my online support.
Both packages will contain also my complete scenes and also future.
Data of release : the end of this year