Post by jdomingo »

hi

what do i need to improve? thanks
Attachments
00-728.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: exterior project revisited

Post by Janusz Biela »

Nice render! I would like make better plants (but I know this is very difficult to do) and add Displacement to stones - but this we do not have yet...
ideart

Post by ideart »

Very nice. The stones though need a little work, even without displacement I think they could look better, or maybe if there is an option for a different material that doesn't need displacement.
A night render would look also great.
sotto3d.com
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Hey!

Been quite a while since I've been here and checking out what's happening. First of all, pretty nice work - one thing to remember (me and Johny nowadays tend to fight over this I think ;) ) is post processing.

If you have good enough light setup and balance (of course you need good materials and textures so they don't look crap after PS) - photoshopping can do "miracles".

Here's my quick photoshop with overlay "bloom" effect and some pretty harsh color balancing and desaturate...
Attachments
Photoshopped.jpg
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Here's another one even bit more "refined" (of course it's taste as well what look you want to achieve with the final image...)
Attachments
Photoshopped2.jpg
medzo

Post by medzo »

Yupp, postproduction is worth a least 33% of a render...
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Thanks to all of your advice and tips. For me, as much as possible, i would limit th post process thing. If the renderer can have a great result or output, i would leave it like that. I like the tone of the color in maxwellrender, sharp and cool, im trying to copy that using kray...still doing a lot of test.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Nice render . i went to say about tree on background its image or 3D obj . if image u did them on ps ! ? thank u .
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

lightwave3d wrote:Nice render . i went to say about tree on background its image or 3D obj . if image u did them on ps ! ? thank u .
Hi,

They are mixed of 3D trees and 2D images of trees. Thanks for your comment.